Is anyone maintaining the MegaMod?

Post here and share with us your suggestions:
What would you like to see in a future upgrade?
What would be ideal for a sequel?
What doesn't work well (be nice about it)?
What would be an interesting add-on feature?
Graphical elements..?

Moderator: Admin

ralphtrickey
Townie

Is anyone maintaining the MegaMod?

Post by ralphtrickey »

I've got a possible fix to the problem with the monsters attacking too vigorously with ranged attacks, let them have one and only one round of attacks with thrown axes/bows/crossbows. It seems to work, but someone else will have to test it. I'm looking for the strings Bow, Crossbow and throw in the item name and saying that those won't normally be chosen after round 1. I'm swamped, and don't have the time to do it right by looking at the attributes and making the change more generic instead of hard-coding it. I'm going through the long explanation since some mods may not use the same items.

This is very unofficial, I was working on it back in 2005 before someone hacked the board. When the board didn't come back, I gave up and moved on to another project. Luckily the code still compiles with only a few changes with the new compilers.

Ralph
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Ralph, that sounds really great!

A number of new players seem (understandably) put off by the extreme, relentless ranged attacks in the latest 'official' version (how many yrs old now?) .. while it certainly makes the game harder, it doesn't make game-play sense--so many of us will appreciate any tweaking to the monster's ranged attacks. :D

Have you talked with Decklin?

Cheers for trying to help!
Still a lot of DW fans out here playing...
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
ralphtrickey
Townie

Post by ralphtrickey »

I've sent Decklin an email last week, but I haven't heard back. I probalby got spam-filtered :roll:
decklin
Site Admin

Post by decklin »

Or my brain filtered my reply by thinking about replying and not actually getting round to it?

I'd like to talk about this as I'd like to 'officially' release a fixed game but I'm having problems with the archived files !!!

Could you email me again next week - in June I will have some time freed up to concentrate on DW issues.
Decklin (The Twisted Dwarf)
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

I have the Megamod hosted on my site. Not maintaining it per se but have updated it on a few occasions. The most current version of the Megamod is version 02A and can be downloaded at my DW page.
http://www.weekendwastemonster.net/crpgs/dw/dw.html along with the DW toolkit or whatever file you so choose.

The frequent problem with updating files in the Megamod is that you have to be careful in that only one person can really update files at any given time. Otherwise one person might overwrite others modified files if not careful. If any changes are made to the Megamod, please post them here and/or PM me so I can upload/make available the most recent Megamod file for all to use.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Sounds like some fun will be had soon.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!