Graphics Suggestions

Post here and share with us your suggestions:
What would you like to see in a future upgrade?
What would be ideal for a sequel?
What doesn't work well (be nice about it)?
What would be an interesting add-on feature?
Graphical elements..?

Moderator: Admin

Admin
Site Admin

Graphics Suggestions

Post by Admin »

I'll leave the other thread well enough alone. Good suggestion.

This thread will be for general graphics suggestions.

Keep them coming!
ArchV

Scrolling Text Please!

Post by ArchV »

Greetings! I've been watching Devil Whiskey ever since the first demo came out a long time ago. I tried it back then, played about 2 hours, and got increasingly annoyed by the text display.

I posted something regarding this back then, and ever since then I've checked out every major demo release. The routine usually goes like this:

Install
Create one character
Walk outside
Find a fight
See the text doesn't scroll
Exit
Uninstall.

Sorry to do that, but if you truely wanted a Bard's Tale style game, you'll noticed that in the original Bard's Tale games, the text scrolled smoothly up from the bottom of the display. This made it very easy for your eyes to follow the text. In Devil Whiskey, the text pops up almost instantly at the bottom of the display. This is a very jarring feeling if you're still trying to read the previous line. Scrolling this smoothly onto the screen would be a HUGE boost in readability.

In Bard's Tale, it would scroll smoothly to full visibility, pause briefly, then start scrolling the next line. Of course you could increase or decrease the speed.

I realize in Devil Whiskey that you guys are playing sound effects and stuff like that for events. This probably part of the reason the text pops up instantly, so the sound can sync up and it looks nice. I say still play the sounds, just have them play after the text smoothly scrolls to the screen and becomes visible.

Please consider it! I'd play, and probably buy the full version if this change was introduced.

Just FYI, I've worked in the game industry for just over 5 years now as a programmer doing first person shooters (http://www.ritual.com/) I love classic RPGs, and I'd like to see this one succeed.

Thanks!
ArchV