Modding Suggestions

Post here and share with us your suggestions:
What would you like to see in a future upgrade?
What would be ideal for a sequel?
What doesn't work well (be nice about it)?
What would be an interesting add-on feature?
Graphical elements..?

Moderator: Admin

Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Well first you have to... oh nevermind. :roll:
Defenders fell, their bane come true, Garth, Roscoe, Kylearan too!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Again, what's the rating of this forum??

PG?
PG-13?
PG-21?
XXX?!
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Rated Z! completely ZONKED!! ANYTHING GOES!! Screw it all!! fh'ork ork pudding wench axe wound wench arse fh'ork twat Fuffle heughter !!!! :twisted: :D
Defenders fell, their bane come true, Garth, Roscoe, Kylearan too!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Twat did ewe say?!? :? :wink:
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

Oh, so the orkish word filter is still there?

Some of the suggestions that Origen made way back when are applicable to me as well. They were most of the reason that I stopped working on two mods for DW. If I go back in and playtest again with a new party, I may be able to figure out if some of the stuff that wasn't working was due to DW problems or the screwed-up "wrecking crew" that I was using. But don't hold your breath waiting for me...
1 point 21 jigawatts!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

HGamer wrote: ..don't hold your breath waiting for me...
:| :oops: :| (where's a blue-face when ya knead won??)
cutterjohn
Townie

Post by cutterjohn »

decklin wrote:I have no access yet to the game code, nor to correct any issues with the Shifting Suns site ... as and when I do I will work to fix these problems.
I was going to say aren't you already a bit busy with working on the 1.04 patch for Demise and doing the sequel for it as well?!
It will take time, I have a 'day job' in addition to programming duties for the Demise 1.04 release ( which will address the issues related to Demise having essentially two incompatible versions - the Artifact Entertainment gold release 1.00 with its patches to r353 and the Pharaoh Productions 1.01 with patches to 1.03 ). There's a major expansion that I took over there too, Ascension ... which will also be finished this year.
I must say that I was a little worried about Demise continuing in it's current state what with Dave Allen having his tiff with his old company and screwing us original purchasers of Demise, but am glad to see that you at least are planning to do justice to us original purchasers of Demise(pre-ordered it in my case! along with Mordor! Too bad you don't have the code for that too, and could release, as I'm sure the Mordor XP people at Braindead's site might like that rather than the hacks that they are now doing...)

I guess that overall you're really doing more justice to these games than I had initially thought, but I'd still like to see someone doing some updates on Devil Whiskey as well, even some minor ones to address some of the problems that people(Origen) have brought up here, after all one of the old SS people mentioned they were working on it or at least looking at it and should have something, then pretty much disappeared AFAICT.

[EDIT]
BTW That sticky finger post was mine and you know damned well why it was made! In any event as I mentioned above it's finally nice to see that you are FINALLY going to address us original owners of Demise, patch Devil Whiskey(hopefully), but you must admit that you aren't very good at communicating intent as I NEVER found references for the next Demise patch to be both for original owner and the johnny-come-latelies until I was wandering around the new Demise forums the other week. (Which I only found as I had been trying to get both Mordor and Demise up and running under wine on linux. Almost have Mordor going, got all the VB3 libraries but now it complains about not being able to find files which I'll have to look into at some later date. Demise is just a no go, but I'm not sure if it's because of VB hackiness(no experience with it), lack of wine support for something, or just a poorly written app. (I've given up on Demise under wine/Cedega altogether ATM.)

[EDIT2]
BTW: I also corrected this understanding at the codex as there were several of us who were of that same opinion, although we still referred another member to you for a new purchase as he expressed interest in a dungeon crawler and Demise seemed like it would suit him well. Then we degenerated into commentary regarding how he would have the latest version with more bugs fixed...

Also to clarify, I just happened to find two separate threads that stated 1.04(or is it .035 now? I'm still pretty confused about new Demise versioning...) would be available to 1.00r353 owners as well.

If you could get rid of the .net part, there might be more luck running it under linux +wine/cedega as .net just isn't gonna happen with wine for a LONG time, and what there is that will work will require mono and therefore no PINVOKEs which will probably be the main wine/cedega culprit for newer versions now that I think of it. I'm really only interested in it as a SP game, as any MP I tend to mainly do HL TFC and a little Minions of Mirth until the grinding gets to me...
chaney
Stalker

curious

Post by chaney »

I have never played Mordor. Is it close to DW, or at least Pool of radiance, etc.. ?
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

(the sound of crickets)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

wait a sec... Growler's ear-flaps perk upwards..

oh, just mo' krickets

:roll: