Modding Suggestions

Post here and share with us your suggestions:
What would you like to see in a future upgrade?
What would be ideal for a sequel?
What doesn't work well (be nice about it)?
What would be an interesting add-on feature?
Graphical elements..?

Moderator: Admin

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

SSS has approx. 200 more boxes for sale in partnership with Decklin's Domain via that website. Manuals and all.

Modding Suggestions are all very good. There are some that can implemented very easily (tile templates, spell/monster/items updates) and some will require an intensive project timeline (GUI, additional scripting for 2-sided walls, etc... )

Toolkit and all uploads can be updated to include the latest items and monsters list.

We'll take note and begin a timeline.

Also in the meantime, we'll renew a presence in the forums.
Some of the features are still down: search... and others.
Workin hard to restore.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

If this is really as good as it sounds, I would be more than happy to return to some modding. :shock:

Looks like we will have to wait and see.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Admin wrote: Modding Suggestions are all very good. There are some that can implemented very easily (tile templates, spell/monster/items updates) and some will require an intensive project timeline (GUI, additional scripting for 2-sided walls, etc... )

Toolkit and all uploads can be updated to include the latest items and monsters list.

We'll take note and begin a timeline.
So does this mean that a GUI is a real possibility in the near - or somewhat near future? :?: :D
Defenders fell, their bane come true, Garth, Roscoe, Kylearan too!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Admin wrote:SSS has approx. 200 more boxes for sale in partnership with Decklin's Domain via that website. Manuals and all.

Modding Suggestions are all very good. ..some will require an intensive project timeline (GUI, additional scripting for 2-sided walls, etc... )
Bring on the GUI-based modder's toolkit!
Gotta have an easy way for folks to mod if you're serious about expanding the game & gaming community..

As for the 200 boxes available--has anyone tried getting Medieval &/or Gaming shops to carry them?? Sure some would.. the owner of a local Medieval shop here was/is heavy into D&D gaming, so betcha he'd consider carrying a cool game like DW!

Also, could sell them at Renaissance Fairs around the country.. (mebe even give out the Demo on cd's for free--or a nominal amount like a buck)

And try selling bare-bones CD's of full game for say.. $10~15 (which would thus be nearly all profit since CD's cost a dime in quantity). Mebe nclude a randomized alpha-numeric code with each that could be used like a coupon code to access RenHall.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Is there anyone that is still around that will be able to help with some of these toolkit fixes, or am I just wasting time hoping?
decklin
Site Admin

Post by decklin »

Reading through this string was a little depressing, but to answer Origen's most recent comment - I am around and once we've completed the transition from Shifting Suns Studios I do intend to address issues with the game and the tool set.

At the moment, I am providing hosting for the main Devil Whiskey site and these forums ... I arranged for the printing of sufficient manuals so the boxed set was available once again and I have been doing some advertising. There are new players coming on board but we have had numerous problems coming up ... some have used the download link on Shifting Suns and have been unable to access the download, at least one claims to have downloaded the game but says it is impossible to play due to bugs and save game errors, others have been confused by dead links on the S-S and / or Rennibister Hall site and we have literally hundreds of bad bots accessing this forum ( about 10 a day typically, mostly from Russia it seems )

I have no access yet to the game code, nor to correct any issues with the Shifting Suns site ... as and when I do I will work to fix these problems.

It will take time, I have a 'day job' in addition to programming duties for the Demise 1.04 release ( which will address the issues related to Demise having essentially two incompatible versions - the Artifact Entertainment gold release 1.00 with its patches to r353 and the Pharaoh Productions 1.01 with patches to 1.03 ). There's a major expansion that I took over there too, Ascension ... which will also be finished this year.

All of these games, and their related sites take a lot of time from volunteers and need a lot of good will on an ongoing basis which is appreciated ... but no matter what anyone else here states or thinks, the fact is that my time is freely given too - even at the highest level of sales of Mordor, Demise and Devil Whiskey combined there is NO surplus for any kind of 'salary' for anyone!

I can keep the sites up and provide some sort of stability for the game communities but the continued development of any of these games requires the interest and help from the players ... and negative posts offering incorrect information will not help anyone :-)
Decklin (The Twisted Dwarf)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Decklin, Thanks for posting, hosting, & providing some details on things! That helps a lot--hard to know whether to continue sticking around here when we're all in the dark about any current or future development.

Can you elaborate on whatever posts have 'offered incorrect info'?

Thanks for your efforts re: DW & best wishes on a smooth'n'speedy transition! :D

Meanwhile :wink: I'll sic Dom on those E-Vile (Red State?) Rooskies propagatin' all those damnable spam-bots!
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
decklin
Site Admin

Post by decklin »

Thanks Growler :-) ... the particular post I referred to was earlier in this thread, I didn't see it until now - otherwise I'd have replied to it more immediately. I'd normally shrug it off, but the references to my sticky fingers got me riled ;-) I did like your following comment though!
Decklin (The Twisted Dwarf)
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Thanks for the info. I actually had to check back to see if it was my post was the negative post referred. :D

I am glad that it as of now appears that possible sometime in the future, after everything is transitioned, there may be some fixes. Unfortunately, as a modder and not a developer/programmer, I wouldn't have any idea how to fix any of these issues, but I have offered my help in the past (which was partially taken, but never really materalized as expected) and will do so again.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

I recommend that Origen be recruited to Devil Whiskey programmer!!! by the DW Devs!!! :D I'm sure he can bring the Devilwhiskey some excellent new material!! :D
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

+ after all, he did bring us the famous Bard's Tale I Mod!! :D
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Very kind words (which I did not put him up to, by the way) :D , but I am in no way a programmer. I am just a modder. If someone else creates it and then says this is how to do it, I can mimic pretty well, but when it comes to the actual creation, that is a whole different ballgame.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

So there won't be an Origen Junior then?
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

chaney wrote:So there won't be an Origen Junior then?
O ya gotta grin at that! :lol: :twisted: :lol:
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

As long as someone tells me how, I should be able to do it. :D