"Sit This One Out"

Post here and share with us your suggestions:
What would you like to see in a future upgrade?
What would be ideal for a sequel?
What doesn't work well (be nice about it)?
What would be an interesting add-on feature?
Graphical elements..?

Moderator: Admin

bic4jesus
Townie

"Sit This One Out"

Post by bic4jesus »

It would be great if a character had the chance to "sit out" a round of fighting instead of "defending".

I mean when you're down to defeating your last enemy and YOU KNOW your 1st character can take care of him, there shouldn't be a need to involve everyone else in the fight.

The point is to cut down on the combat text... thus making for a shorter battle. Also, everyone in the party should still get XP whether or not they fought.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

But if you didn't fight, how do you get experience? Experience comes from doing, not watching.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
bic4jesus
Townie

Post by bic4jesus »

origen wrote:But if you didn't fight, how do you get experience? Experience comes from doing, not watching.
I guess "taking a defensive posture"- which is sorta "watching" would be considered "fighting" since you can still lose hp?
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I guess since you are still in the midst of the battle, so you are getting experience.

Although, by that logic, when a rogue hides in the shadows, he really isn't in the battle either, so I guess that shoots that theory out of the water.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
bic4jesus
Townie

Post by bic4jesus »

origen wrote:I guess since you are still in the midst of the battle, so you are getting experience.

Although, by that logic, when a rogue hides in the shadows, he really isn't in the battle either, so I guess that shoots that theory out of the water.
Yeah, so I guess everyone should get xp unless they are dead, withered, stoned or whatever.

I've still got a ways to go though. I've only been playing a few weeks and only around level 25. I'm glad I finally got that dragon defense spell 'cause those drags have been aniahlating my party.

That's when I simply "shut down" my PC... :lol:

I mean, how many of here haven't done that??? :wink:
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

experience comes from actively doing something; defending is actually actively doing something. Protecting oneself as an asset.

"Hiding in the shadows" - well, it's a rogue skill that gets better with experience.

All that said, there could be a way to shorten keystrokes for battles.