Longer Bard Songs

Post here and share with us your suggestions:
What would you like to see in a future upgrade?
What would be ideal for a sequel?
What doesn't work well (be nice about it)?
What would be an interesting add-on feature?
Graphical elements..?

Moderator: Admin

Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Longer Bard Songs

Post by Meanwhile »

It would be good if the bard songs could last longer. Sometimes when I'm down in the dungeons and I play a bard song and then I walk only a couple of squares in the dungeon and the bard song insignia turns off. Like playing the walking song, then after walking a step or two the music light turns off yet the music stays on and then I get attacked. If the walking song is supposed to stave off random attacks it should keep monsters away for the whole duration of the song not just for a few steps.
:?
Torte
Townie

Post by Torte »

I can second that. You get always attacked every few moments and even if you command them to surrender or even if you run like a bunny, you have to start the bard song again. If I remember right it was in Bard's Tale so that even non-combat songs were active during the combat and the bard continues playing it further on after the combat. (If he played to many songs he needed a met. ^^)

Well DW is not BT, but at the moment I'm thinking about kicking the bard out of the party. On the other side I was never very excited about the bards anyway, even not 20 years ago. :wink:
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

I am now bardless. :D
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Is that in any weigh akin to windlass?
:?

8)

Meanwhile, leave the Bard...in da Bar.
It's not as if he wants to leave anyhoo.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Ziusudra
Black Claw

Post by Ziusudra »

Meanwhile wrote:I am now bardless. :D
Oh...I thought at first you had shaved and just misspelled it. :oops:
Nuwa wadar-ma ekkatani. Nuwa sinda-on ezzatani.