Favorite Devil Whiskey Weapon

Basic lists of skills, new items and songs. For everyone's convenience, keep this forum on topic. We'll also answer questions about the above.

Moderator: Admin

chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

If you use the 2.01b patch(RickStavern made some corrections that the 2.01A patch had), you can level up much quicker.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

thank you, I've seen the references to it, I just haven't switched over. You need to start a new party, right?
Is it more unstable, or about the same (current version crashes about 1x/hour or two of play).
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Yeah, you would need a new party. I found it to be much more stable.
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

thx, I will try it after finishing the catacombs. if I'm starting again, would need to decide on party size and type, etc., all over again. Assuming that the XP issue is much better in the patch, to allow bigger parties, what would you personally suggest? I currently play without barbarians or monks or rogues or red claws, and that has worked very well through the demo, and as well, through v.2.0 for big parties up to level 24ish, but I'm open to suggestions for v. 2.1b if starting all over again. Any suggestions?
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Well, here is the party that I like:
Paladin-In the catacombs, you get a necroblade, which can wipe out whole groups.
Psi-Knight-They have the various kinesis weapons that are powerful
Bard-The diits eternal song puts a lot of characters to sleep, especially when used with a Talisman of God-like personality
An Elementalist
An Arcanist
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

I'm suprised you don't use a 2nd ele. to get the advantage of all four classes of spells by level 25. There is a lot of doubled up spells, of course, but it is still nice to get all of the level 7 spells within 25 levels, plus the extra spell attacker (1 def., 1 off., etc.). Thx for the good tips, and good hunting yourself. Too bad they don't have an online version where different players can enter the realm and join forces temporarily, while still maintaing the turn based concept. Oh well. Later
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

jy_blaste wrote:I'm suprised you don't use a 2nd ele. to get the advantage of all four classes of spells by level 25. ... Too bad they don't have an online version where different players can enter the realm and join forces temporarily, while still maintaing the turn based concept. Oh well. Later
I def like playing with 2 or even 3 ele's--makes for a super-strong higher-level party.. plenty of spell pts, etc.

I've often wished someone would create an online version--even if just a combat arena for starters. I've been working on notes for a simplified online RPG with mini-quests, so maybe one day I (with a java programmer's help) can offer such. :P

But no breath-holding please!
Origen is blew enuff all the ready!! :twisted:
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I actually do play with a 3rd spellcaster, whether that be elem or arc. I just forgot to list it. :cry:
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

chaney wrote:Well, here is the party that I like:
Paladin-In the catacombs, you get a necroblade, which can wipe out whole groups.
Psi-Knight-They have the various kinesis weapons that are powerful
Bard-The diits eternal song puts a lot of characters to sleep, especially when used with a Talisman of God-like personality
An Elementalist
An Arcanist
Would you say a Psi-Knight is generally better than a vanilla Warrior?
Tried one a few years ago, but didn't seem to work out all that well, various weapons/armor restrictions, etc.. maybe didn't give him time to level high enough..?

A Paladin with a necroblade sounds like a good idea esp for the catty-combs.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

A Psi-nights mind abilities when he gets higher level are damn good.
The Paladins necroblade comes from the catacombs. It works on everthing, including dragons-not just undead.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Wish'n I'd gone with a Psi-Knight with my new group rather than a Monk. Maybe it's not too late to raise up a PK and leave the Monkey home to meditate.

looked up the specs on the Aura Sabre & Necroblade.. pretty dang sweet!
(assuming yer PK wields an Aura Sabre most days?)

lots of sweet stat-effects..
Aura Sabre
Descript: Two-handed sword designed for use by Psi-Knights aiding thought and movement.
Damage: 4d4+2
Use: Casts LEIN
StatEffect: -1 AC
StatEffect: +4 AT
StatEffect: +4 DM
StatEffect: +2 NAT
StatEffect: +1 DX
StatEffect: +1 WI

& some kick-arse damage from the necro down.. ;)

Necroblade
Blade that destroys the undead, and has a very piercing strike.
Damage: 3d9+6
StatEffect: +6 AT
StatEffect: +6 DM
Use: Casts BAUN
8)
Walker Boh
Orker

Post by Walker Boh »

Star War Axe so far.
Mikey