Favorite Devil Whiskey Weapon

Basic lists of skills, new items and songs. For everyone's convenience, keep this forum on topic. We'll also answer questions about the above.

Moderator: Admin

origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Favorite Devil Whiskey Weapon

Post by origen »

Well, I thought I might as well try to drum up some talk on these forums, since they have been restored.

So, what is your favorite weapon in DW?

I would say I like the Labrys Colossas. It was the most damaging weapon in the game, and was pretty easy to get. But you needed to be a big strong warrior to use it.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Don't seem to remember the Labrys Colassas. Was that in the patched version? I played using version 2.0

I crafted perfect longswords for my fighters. Those seemed to work well.

There's also a cool weapon in one of the shops that you can purchase
= smart staff + 5 INT
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Yeah, the clearly barbaric LC was intro'd in the patch version.

Hard to beat a PLS for fighting close up & impersonal, but otherwise a stout long-bow & sturdy-hurty arrows are rather sweet in distance & speed.

btw, looks like Growler just got knighted or rather stoned as a clerical typo. :wink:
So sorry, O-man! :twisted:
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

my favorite weapon in the DW was Yeodaugh's Personal Rocket Launcher. Blew some serious monsters away with that! :shock:
Defenders fell, their bane come true, Garth, Roscoe, Kylearan too!
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I didn't see that weapon. What do you refer to?
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Buahahaha! Muahahaha! Gotcha! There's no rocket launcher in DW. There should be though. :)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Meanwhile wrote:my favorite weapon in the DW was Yeodaugh's Personal Rocket Launcher. Blew some serious monsters away with that! :shock:
To clarify--it was Yeodaugh's Personnel Rocket Launcher.

Used to hurl his minions into the thickest breachable bludgeoning of battle.
:wink:
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

hmmm. maybe i'll have to make this
Meanwhile wrote:Yeodaugh's Personal Rocket Launcher
heheheh.
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

dragonbait wrote:hmmm. maybe i'll have to make this
heheheh.
That'd be kick a$#! make it!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Meanwhile wrote:
dragonbait wrote:hmmm. maybe i'll have to make this
heheheh.
That'd be kick a$#! make it!
Like Yeodaugh kneads a PRL!
He's Way beyond the science of aggressive rocketry!!
But it'd be way phunni if he whipped a PRL outta his trouser pocket.. hehe..

Btw, I've got a long-arse list (insanely long) of weapon names if anyone's interested.. a few have brief/partial attributes.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Why not post a list on the forums?
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

dragonbait wrote:Why not post a list on the forums?
Reckon that would be a faire thing if worth but a farthing. 8)

Lemme dig up the list, edit it a bitter-sweet, & will post at least the less beastly parts of it soon!
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

The Perfect Dagger definitely deserves an honourable mention for the Arc's and Ele's. This little beauty will make your weak mages viscious attackers who can then sit in position 2 and 3 and survive hack and slash battles easily, without using magic (or too much magic), while keeping your party very small (2 or 3) and accumulation thousands of XP at a time, to quickly advance from level 13 through level 25. Without it, it would be hard to get to the higher levels in v2.0
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Well, you jumped in head first, didn't you. There are many ways to get things done in DW. It is one of the better aspects of the game. I have gone the route of fewer characters to get xp quicker, but didn't enjoy it as much. I like the variety of different characters. Happy hunting.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

Chaney,
You certainly are right about that. It is one of the great aspects of the game that makes it have such a great replay value, and difficult decision making when it comes to party creation. In BT, you couldn't survive well without a fully balanced party.

I have one game going w/3 chars (2 mages) and one game going w/8 chars (4 mages). You're definitely right that the 8 char party is more fun to play, but due to the XP issue, the 3 char party is actually stronger in fights, due to being 5 to 10 levels higher (not much room to carry stuff though, besides GOLD). Tough to decide which one to spend time on. Usually choose to play the 3 char party.

I haven't ventured to instal any of the patches yet, so I'm still dealing with the v2.0 XP limitations, which requires some patience. Regardless, you may have noticed a lot more carcasses lying around town lately :wink: