Additional songs??

Basic lists of skills, new items and songs. For everyone's convenience, keep this forum on topic. We'll also answer questions about the above.

Moderator: Admin

Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Additional songs??

Post by Meanwhile »

I was looking through bardstalk, douglas_b's site where there is a section of an unofficial "Bard's Legacy" section and noticed there are more songs listed then are in the game currently. or at least currenlty as in version 2.0. Were there originally all these songs or is it possible to create additional songs? here is what is listed. Also curious about the harmonic gem referencing.

Bard Songs

The River Stane:
Combat - Brings the image of the river into the minds of foes and slows the responses/incantations of the mages. Spells cast by enemy Mages will do only half damage or half their effect.
Non-combat - If PC's are in a safe place and aren't walking about, this song played one time through uninterrupted, cures poisoning.
Special requirements: Charisma value of 17 and either a Lute or Harp.

The March of Bran:
Combat - Increases the Strength and Constitution of the Party.
Non-combat - Protection from traps. The Party receives half damage
Special requirements: Pipes.

The Beasty Skirl:
Combat - Calls wild animals to either join the party or leave the opposing force of attackers .
Non-combat - Attracts wild animals who want to join the party. No Dragons or mythical highly intelligent animals.
Special requirements: None. This song can be played on Lute, Harp and Flute.

The Herald's Gift:
Combat - Gifts party with greater resistance to magic, including true sight (disbelief of illusions) and greater dexterity.
Non-combat - Increases intuition. A mystic eye appears while walking to warn of trips and traps (turns red and message in scroll box appears.)
Special requirements: This piece requires the Elven Elonian Pipes (several have been made and with luck can be pruchased from a local merchant) which has it's own harmonic properties.

Saltarello Jubilate:
Combat - Cheers up the party, strengthening their spirits and adding +1 to IQ and Charisma.
Non-combat - improves the successful useage of special abilities.
Special requirements: None. This song can be played on Lute, Harp, Pipes and Flute.

Sweet Maggie's Kiss:
Combat - Spellbinds a foe and brings them into the party
Non-combat - attracts npcs who want to join
Special requirements: This song can be played on Lute, Harp, and Flute and requires 2 Harmonic Gems.

Walking Song:
Combat - This song enables the party to escape from combat (apart from boss fights)
Non-Combat - Staves off random attacks.
Special requirements: This song can be played on Lute, Harp, Pipes and Flute and requires 2 Harmonic Gems.

Kerowyn's Soothing Psalm:
Combat - Calms down enemies, who then become less effective in combat.
Non-combat - Stops party attacks from insane pcs
Special requirements: This song can be played on Lute, Harp, Pipes and Flute and requires 2 Harmonic Gems.

Dungeon Dance:
Combat - Decreases dexterity of monsters by -1/10 Bard lvl.
Non-Combat - Locates a dungeon's exit

Berserker's Paradise:
Combat - Starts a beserker rage giving all melee fighters one extra attack per round.
Non-combat - Starts a beserker rage party attack.

Balm Ballad:
Combat - Heals the party each round it's played. (alls chars 1 HP/bard level).
Non-Combat - Heals the bard. (1 HP/minute/bard lvl.)
Special requirements: This song must be played on an Elven Harp.

Spirit Chant:
Combat & Non-combat - Replenishes the mages' Spell Points (1 SP./5 bard levels per round, or per minute {non-combat} )
Special requirements: This song can be played on an Elven Harp, or Elven Flute.

Tryler's Intuition:
Combat - Blinds enemies for one round of combat.
Non-combat - Improves night/dark vision (slightly less than a torch)
Special requirements: This song can be played on Lute, Harp, Pipes and Flute (can augment with 1 Harmonic Gem).

Brave Sir Robin:
Combat - This song makes it harder for attacking enemies to run away.
Non-combat - Increases the chances for random enemies.
Special requirements: This song can be played on Lute, Harp, and Flute (can augment with 1 Harmonic Gem).

Diit's Eternal Song:
Combat - Some enemies will fall asleep, but there is also the danger of your characters falling asleep too. Bard should fall asleep if played too long. The lower the IQ and WI/ or CH, the greater the chances of falling asleep.
Non-combat - causes friction with party
Special requirements: This song can be played on Lute, Harp, Pipes and Flute.

Branigan Mach in D Minor:
Combat & Non-combat - Spells have more potency (ie. Spells hit for more, heals more)
Special requirements: This song must be played on Pipes and requires 2 Harmonic Gems.

The Dwarven Shavier:
Combat - This crafty Dwarven music gives the Party extra protection from being hit or damaged (all chars; +1 AC/10 bard levels)
Non-combat - Increases resistance to harsh conditions and tells directions like a compass; keeps pulling the Bard North.
Special requirements: This song can be played on Lute, Harp, and Flute and requires 3 Harmonic Gems.
Defenders fell, their bane come true, Garth, Roscoe, Kylearan too!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

I found where you're looking at
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/bardslegacy/main.html

looks like the devil whiskey's old site before they changed their name.
MO
Townie

Post by MO »

Does anyone know where/if I can still download those songs? I lost track of this game after the name change, and the sample songs on this site aren't the ones I remember; they're similar, but not the ones I'm looking for.

Many thanks for any help anyone can give me in this matter.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

not sure if these were songs that were part of an older version of Devil Whiskey, but the're not the ones currently in the game, or at least not on the 2.0 PC version. Some of the songs are the same though, but nothing about the harmonic gems. Maybe pre 2.0? or maybe the linux verion had different songs? not sure and never got any response to confirm. :?

Also on the harmonic gems part. they probably had to take them out due to copyright issues i would imagine since i think the harmonic gems were a bard's tale owned item since iv'e never seen them used in any other game.

or i guess it could be someones modded songs. There's probably a way to do it but there's a significant lack of information on how to do so.
MO
Townie

Post by MO »

The songs I downloaded were from the Bard's Legacy site (pre Devil Whiskey days), so I can only assume that they were the official songs at one point, but that they got reworked for one reason or another. I can still hear the basic tunes I remember in the new ones on this site, but they've been heavily updated.

Thanks for the response, though. I'll just chalk them up as another bit of internet material that I should have backed up when I had the chance. :)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

It's possible they're still available via some Internet archive site.. possibly even Google--which maintains some cached/archives..

Otherwise, gotta hope one of the early devs will deign to reign in here & offer suggestions or files.. well.. :roll:

Good luck.. bet they'd be fun to hear.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

imo, the bard definately got screwed in DW, as many previous posts have pointed out. the low level songs are too weak, as are the mid-level songs (for a char. of that level). Song length is another issue, as is the inability to start a song and then fight in the next round. BT2 and 3 each had unusual intricacies of song playing that let you have 2 songs effective at once, in some cases, and other long-playing benefits in other cases.
I'm hoping the bard becomes more useful at the high levels (25 to 36+), but I'm bracing for potential disappointment. Don't think my bard would approve of getting dropped off at the guild in favour of a level 1 PK or Pyro. :wink:
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

p.s. Haven't tried an ice flute yet, but heard that it is a good thing to have. I don't see its damage listed in the ice...9999 items lists. Anyone know off-hand what damage it causes, single foe or group, range? thx.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

this may be a spoiler--so Fair Warning, yo!

here's the basic info from one of the more (most?) recent items list:

Type: Musical Instrument
Name: Ice Flute
TypeID: 333
Description: Give your enemies a cold welcome with this flute
Class: Ba
Effect: Plays Music (flute default)
# Plays files titled *flute.mp3
Use: Casts DELU
Charges: 10
#Location: belt
Value: 69000
CreationSkill: Other Magical Item
Recipe: 1 Flute
Recipe: 2 Power
Recipe: 2 Water

--------------------
does that answer ye quest?
:wink:
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

aye, thank you. Nothing list the flame horn from BT3 (man! was that a good item)
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

anyone know the earliest level that a 'Bow of the Hunt' can be crafted at, or the 'life bringer'?

thx
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Level 13. When you go up to the next rank.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

thx chaney,

what about the potion of perfect health? when is the earliest that anyone has been able to craft that? 13?26?39?
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

If you have the manual, check out page 33. It tells you what levels are needed by class for potion crafting, but again, not before level 13.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I believe once you hit level 13, anything can be crafted, but some are harder than others.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.