Crafting Items

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

Growler
Necrolord

Crafting Items

Post by Growler »

Just figured 'Item Creation/Crafting' deserved its own topic thread...spun from the finest Elven Silk (396 spiders, 1 light, 1 air, 1 fire ~ hey, this thread glows/glows? in the dark).

This turned out fer me to be one of the most fun aspects of playing DW...hammering out that first Perfect Long Sword...ahh...Amulets o' Quickness for each heavy-weight :wink: & then the Thunder-Hammer!
(tho' that was terribly disappointing initially when it just sailed off in the the wild blue--doing zero damage along the way..grrr; but now the patch has fixed it & it kicks all kinds of far-off monster-butt! :twisted:

Even ole Al.. looked a little nervous when he noticed the mighty TH twirling there on my Warrior's middle finger...

So, any personally-crafted, personal favs?

Curious, have any other RPG's allowed item-crafting?
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
The Wombat
War Monger

Post by The Wombat »

None as yet, although I have read up on it a bit. At the levels I'm at, I find that anything that I can craft is stuff that I stopped picking up even just to sell ages ago. 2 more levels for most characters, however, that may change.

And where do you even get half of the gear anyway? I know the better stuff you have to find, but most of the basics as well? Where is the Landrau shop? Does it even exist?
"What kind of person WRITES a maniacal laugh?" -- Maskerade.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

The Wombat wrote:..where do you even get half of the gear anyway? I know the better stuff you have to find, but most of the basics as well? Where is the Landrau shop? Does it even exist?
It's the stuff (semi-literally) of dreams & legends...well..good recipes are anyways & may be found 'mixed' in among the legends texts..:wink:

Landru's Shop could be just around the corner!

So easy to find it's hard...pretty sure it was off-limits in the demo, thus easy to forget to go back & try knocking on some doors...a clew:
Can hear Bards practicing nearby...yet Magical arts be even closer.. 8)

If your mages have decent stats, you may be surprised at what all they can craft...& if you don't mind a wee bit o' time-savin' cheatin, you might could save time & again.. :P (otherwise, it can get frustrating doing all that paperwork only to have yer mage fumble his fingers or mumble in his mouth!)
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
The Wombat
War Monger

Post by The Wombat »

Ahhhh....yes, familiarity breeds carelesness alright.
The Wombat
War Monger

Post by The Wombat »

Cool! I've made two Enchanted Robes and a Belt of Ogre Strength so far.

Is it purely a % chance of crafting the item based on your level and the degree of difficulty of the item or do you NEED to get to a certain level before some items can be made at all?
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I think Luck helps, although as far as I can tell, at level 13, your party can craft even the most powerful items.
The Wombat
War Monger

Post by The Wombat »

Okay, another question.
I can make a poison sword and I can make an enchanted sword. Can I make an enchanted poison sword?

If so, do I do the poison bit first or the enchanting bit first, or do I do it all in one go?
Stax
Nomad

Post by Stax »

What about Perfect Boots, or Perfect Gloves??

1 x Gloves (Boots)
1 x Power
= Enchanted Gloves (Boots)

1 x Enchanted Gloves (Boots)
20 x Power
=Perfect Gloves (Boots)

Sounds good to me

Stax
Actually I might try it.
Jal Phoenix
Townie

Re: Crafting Items

Post by Jal Phoenix »

Growler wrote:Just figured 'Item Creation/Crafting' deserved its own topic thread...spun from the finest Elven Silk (396 spiders, 1 light, 1 air, 1 fire ~ hey, this thread glows/glows? in the dark).

This turned out fer me to be one of the most fun aspects of playing DW...hammering out that first Perfect Long Sword...ahh...Amulets o' Quickness for each heavy-weight :wink: & then the Thunder-Hammer!
(tho' that was terribly disappointing initially when it just sailed off in the the wild blue--doing zero damage along the way..grrr; but now the patch has fixed it & it kicks all kinds of far-off monster-butt! :twisted:

Even ole Al.. looked a little nervous when he noticed the mighty TH twirling there on my Warrior's middle finger...

So, any personally-crafted, personal favs?

Curious, have any other RPG's allowed item-crafting?
My Thunderhammer does the same thing. I thought it just did that if you gave it to the wrong character until I read this. Where can I get this patch? I can't find anything on the main board, but I'm pretty stupid sometimes.

The only other game I know of that would allow you to craft stuff was the Might & Magic series, starting with M&M 2. But I don't think you could actually craft new stuff, just increase pluses on existing items. Of course, there was always the chance you would destroy the item, too. And there was no save/reload cheating in those older games!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Jal, you should be able to download the patch at Rennibister Hall (same place you go & log in for the game or toolkit download).

I half-figured my ThunderHammer was cursed first few times it sailed off! :?

Thanks for the M&M crafting/item-enhancement mention...never played that series, but it sounds familiar & I've no idea why? -mebe got a dybbuk or doppelganger in vivo! :o
Ziusudra
Black Claw

Speaking of Rennibister Hall

Post by Ziusudra »

Uh, I just read (on the DW homepage) an announcement that I take to mean that Rennibister Hall is once again accessible. (It did not seem to be when I bought the farm--er, purchased the game--a few weeks ago.) My question is, how the heck do I go to this Runny-blister Hall, anyway? I'd love to see the mods, etc. I don't have a URL or see a link anywhere.

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask, but I can't figure out where to ask, or whom. None of the NPCs in the game ever give me answers...

Of course, if they did, I'd probably need to be committed. Or need to be committed even faster than I probably already do.
Nuwa wadar-ma ekkatani. Nuwa sinda-on ezzatani.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Z, try this link for Ren-Hall access:
http://renhall.devilwhiskey.com

(pretty sure this link should have been provided when you bought the far...uh, signed up! :wink:)

otherwise, try contacting emotional support @ 1-800-ILU-VYOU
or, for faster service:
Technical Support
[email protected]
or
Customer Service / For prior order info and billing questions
[email protected]

Personally, I'm fooly committed to institutionalized living.
Three Free snacks daily! View is great!
8)
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Growler wrote:Personally, I should be committed to institutionalized living.
Three Free snacks daily! View is great!
8)
The first step is admitting you have a problem.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

origen wrote:The first step is admitting you have a problem.
so, taking my own god advice..
"I have a problem."
Origen, you have everyone's support.
Some of us even promise to visit!

(hey, this is starting to feel like the good ole days :P)
Stax
Nomad

Post by Stax »

Stax wrote:What about Perfect Boots, or Perfect Gloves??

1 x Gloves (Boots)
1 x Power
= Enchanted Gloves (Boots)

1 x Enchanted Gloves (Boots)
20 x Power
=Perfect Gloves (Boots)

Sounds good to me

Stax
Actually I might try it.
Well I've tried and tried, no luck, talking about luck I have lucky up to 10015 while trying. Anybody else got a plan!!

Stax