Can I get a description of some of the mods for DW?

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

Huck
Townie

Can I get a description of some of the mods for DW?

Post by Huck »

I haven't bought the game yet and I was just wondering if some of you can give me a decription of some of mods available. Since I don't have access to that area... Renhall or something.

Thanks.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

I've played thru most of Origen's 'Bard's Tale I' mod (amazing recreation of BTI) & it's very cool. :P Plus, he's working on a new & improved BTI version, along with a Jail Cell rumble-tango mod due soon, right O-man?

And HGamer's working on a BT-related mod as well which'll be swell I betcha.. :D

And Stax makes Iron-man versions of DW (don't know they're available without a prescription) in which you're likely to encounter monster groups numbering in the quintillions. Might want to bring along a group spell.. :twisted:
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

I certainly hope it will be swell. But as for being BT-related, it's AFAIK the only 2 adventures made with the Bard's Tale Construction Set (BTCS) that were widely distributed. "The Bard's Lore" (TBL) and TBL2 have practically nothing in common, so much so that that IMHO it would destroy the major quest/story line of each to try to combine them into one giant mod. So I have to do them separately. You can download the original TBL & TBL2 BTCS files from http://wigforss.netfirms.com/ if you want to study up, but I warn you that the first one is unbelievably difficult to advance in at first. I hope to correct some faults when making this piece of previous-generation modder work available in a new venue.
Oh, and the #1 FAQ so far would be answered with "Nothing yet available to download, really. Have scripts and maps and images but some things aren't working yet, possibly due to my version of DW or corrupted character data in some savegames." Plan is to try to finish off a demo that consists of the town and first 2 dungeons for TBL.
1 point 21 jigawatts!
Stax
Nomad

Post by Stax »

Well, hundreds, sometimes thousands, not quintillions.
I have been quite selective as to which groups to increase to huge numbers. You don't, for example want 500 thieves, as it would take you all day just to get into melee range. You cant have 200 Stone clerics either as there is not enough room for all the monsters. But yes, 10,000 Orcs is OK. You just need to make sure you go first!! With the right type of attack as well. Scrolling though 10,000 Orcs takes a while!!!!!!

Its still more fun, and when you get to the 396 dwarves, there a doddle.

Stax