Are the affects of bard songs described anywhere?

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

I found some differences between the manual and what the game allows or disallows. I've tried entering a list 3 times, and lost the message, so I'm going to let it go for now. But remember that I don't have the current RenHall version of the software.
1 point 21 jigawatts!
Ziusudra
Black Claw

Awright, already!

Post by Ziusudra »

I'm noticing the thame sings--er, same things. (Sorry, I've been in Melkoran's lately.)

I'm also having a time getting the Bard to SHUT HER MOUTH! She plays things, and they work, usually--but then the blasted music keeps on going, and going, and going, and slows the game down to molasses in the northern parts of Orkney in January. I've almost been driven to Bard Banishment! I've even "let her rest" and sallied forth, but the blasted music keeps playing...

Is this the Bard's revenge for not letting her drink often enough?
Nuwa wadar-ma ekkatani. Nuwa sinda-on ezzatani.
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

I finally got the current version from RenHall and installed it, and still have many of the same issues.
For instance, one way to turn the music on when it isn't supposed to be is to save the game with no music playing, then have the Bard play something, then Load the saved game.
Could be the Bard's revenge indeed.
1 point 21 jigawatts!
Olias
Nomad

Post by Olias »

What are the issues H?

Please post so we can address this.
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

I tried typing in a list 3 times before, and it got lost 3 times, but I'll give it another go. However, these mismatches were checked on my evaluation version, and may not be present in the 2.01 patch (which I FINALLY have :D ):
Flute:
- can play when it shouldn't: Branigan March, March of Bran
Harp:
- can play when it shouldn't: Branigan March
- can't play when it should: Undead Slumber, Spirit Chant
I wouldn't be surprised if Lute & Pipes also have issues, but I haven't checked all the songs for those instruments yet.
Please look into when non-combat Bard songs are being stopped. It seems that duration may vary considerably, or I'm running into cells that silently stop Bard songs but not the BASH spell or CASP & BALL. (this one verified as seen in the latest patch)
1 point 21 jigawatts!
Ziusudra
Black Claw

There are others, too...

Post by Ziusudra »

O,

Unless the 2.01 patch has changed them, there ARE problems with some of the other tunes, but I'll have to go back and check specifically. I'm away from the game for a few days (I actually DO have a job, sometimes) but will post if I find anything HGamer hasn't mentioned by then.
Nuwa wadar-ma ekkatani. Nuwa sinda-on ezzatani.