devil whisky toolset

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

ruduran
Townie

devil whisky toolset

Post by ruduran »

Is the devil whisky toolset similiar to the bards tale construction set tool system, can spells, monsters and items be created and edited?

Can monsters be summoned by monsters against the party and how many spell options are monsters allowed? As compared to the BTCS only having one spell option.

Thanks for your time.
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

Yes to the first 4 questions. But skills are unavailable so far.
Don't know about summoning, except for reusing existing summoning spells or actions already defined.
Multiple spell actions by monsters are allowed. I don't know if there's a good definition/documentation of how to specify the order/priority of monster actions in combat though.

Ruduran, if you are familiar with the BTCS, did you ever do any complete dungeons in it? I've been working on converting "The Bards Lore" from BTCS, but that's the only fan-made thing that I've been able to find for download.
1 point 21 jigawatts!
ruduran
Townie

Post by ruduran »

Well, I completed about five levels of a game but I wasn't happy with it so I scrapped it. I am working on a BTCS module but it will be a long time before I'll get it done.

Your welcome to turn it into A DW module if it ever appears.

Considering DW, I'll think I'll stick to BTCS at the moment. C++ programming isn't my forte and haven't the time to learn a programming language.

However I'm pretty proficient with BTCS, I know how to extend specials after 30 lines and know most of its quirks.

At the moment I have done the main items, spells and monsters but no maps or playtesting.
NTJedi
Townie

Post by NTJedi »

Where does someone download or find the Devil Whiskey Toolset ??
There can be only one.
~Highlander
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

The toolset can be found at the same place where you downloaded the game. Check out the Renibister Hall link at the top right of this page, log in, and go to downloads.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.