Need a hint please

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

craedus stonebeard
Orker

Need a hint please

Post by craedus stonebeard »

Ok, I talked with Yeodraugh (sp?) about going to the dungeon under the tavern with the Bonestaff and scarf.

I'm stuck at the bartender who want's an answer to "what color is the hair of my first love?" question.

Can someone give me a hint as to where I can find the answer to this. I "guessed" a lot and have skimmed some of the sotries in the Arcanium but there was waaaay to much to read right now.

Thanks in advance.

Craedus Stonebeard
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

This one stumped a bunch o' folks...there should be some add'l hints here on the forum (under spoilers, likely) re: this'un, but here's a quip: think along the lines of the hair of the dog that bit me. :wink:
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
craedus stonebeard
Orker

doh! Ok, I got it. I feel a little silly now. The answer seems obvious now that I figured it out :oops:

And here I was reading all the stories in the Arcanum looking for the color of the "first loves hair."

oops. :)
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

You can always tip the barkeeps, as well. They can sometimes help you.
craedus stonebeard
Orker

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

But whatever ye do, jest don't try'n'bypass paying the barkeeps by going & hacking into the .tip files!! :wink:

Otherwise, the barkeeps'll gang up on yer crew next time in...Origen tried it & see how he's gotta wear a anti-pretty re-breather device now?
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
craedus stonebeard
Orker

Well, it worked for Darth Vader, and he's pretty powerful you know.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Aha! Now we Finally know the true Origen...of Darth Vader!
(cool, now I can skip the latest movie)
Ziusudra
Black Claw

Is it d'oh, duh, or daugh?

Post by Ziusudra »

Origen as Darth Vader, hm...

Mostly when I tip the barkeeps, I'm told that I can't get treasure from a spider and should watch my step at the Chickasaw. (I'm still wondering how "Chickasaw" came to be a name in ancient Britain...) The one was funny for the first fifteen times; the second implies there will be more action there, eventually.

Hey, if I get any more lost in the cellars, I'm going to introduce Yeodaugh to De :cry: arrth Bheidrr, the ancient Orkney spelling of His Lordship. I've killed every blessed thing I can find... Oh well... back to work.
Nuwa wadar-ma ekkatani. Nuwa sinda-on ezzatani.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Z, let us know how far down ye been delving into da dirty dank dapperless (cellear) dungeon, so someone can craft a righteous relevant (un)reasonable response that rightly or (w)rongly will reveal the rap ye seek.. 8)

Have you tried tipping various amounts?
Generally, higher tips yield 'higher' (tho' not necessarily helpful) help...until you've actually hired the barkeep! ..well, more like got him on retainer.
Ziusudra
Black Claw

There'sssss no preciousssss down there in the nasssty hole..

Post by Ziusudra »

G-man,

As we hasssss told youssss in another posssst, we hassssss been down to the fifth levelsssssss three timesesssss, we hassssss...

Sorry--so much time underground has me talkin' like Gollum, by golly. The cellars are fun when there are some dark forces looking to skewer a Beggin Bard or an Elf Ranger, but by now, there's nothing left except, it seems, a handful of suicidal Senrats whom I earlier told to take a hike. I want to cream something, or as a second choice, get creamed!

Z-man
Nuwa wadar-ma ekkatani. Nuwa sinda-on ezzatani.
mbdil
Townie

Post by mbdil »

Hi everyone! This is my first post! *waves excitedly!*
javascript:emoticon(':o')

Well, I finished out the demo version late last week and broke down and bought the whole game earlier this week. That's saying a lot since the last time I bought a PC game for myself was Warcraft like five years ago, but I digress.

I also got stuck on the question and never would have figured it out if not for this forum post. I wasn't sure about the answer then, either, and was shocked when it worked.

Is the answer somewhere in the game and I missed it?

-Chris
Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish - Proverbs 31:6.
(Still looking for the whiskey verses.)
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Well, the main hint given is to think of a drink, not a color.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.