Worth of installing patch 2.01a?

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

je147
Townie

Worth of installing patch 2.01a?

Post by je147 »

I am using 2.0 and want to know if it is to hard getting to lv 50 for the last skills and to isomancer etc. If so i dont see why i would want to upgrade. I am also wondering if faster,slower scrolling <> works with 2.01a?

Appretiate answer.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Scroll speed has always worked.

You'll find adjusted XP levels with either patch 2.01 or the one after. If you have level 30ish PCS, they will most likely advance 10 levels. New system and smoother progressive climb through paths.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

je147, ya gots to hit the the scroll speed adjusters ' < > ' Several times to see the effect...but it works.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
je147
Townie

Post by je147 »

Thanks for the answers! I have installed the patch and i like it!. Poff and i was lv 50. This is better. Experience needed to advance over 50 was also ok. But i get a lot more crashes now. Especially mage fights in arena that craches everytime. It might be my installation though. I have read about scrolling and that it works, but on my portable i cant get it to work. And yes i have pressed < or > frantically to see any change but just cant see it. Well well it is not a big problem anyway.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Not being a smartass, but you are holding down the 'shift' key when you try the < > keys, right? (otherwise, it'll be '.' or ',' keys getting uselessly activated)
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
je147
Townie

Post by je147 »

Nope.. I have a swedish keyboard and Shift > should slow down right. And < i get only pressing that key. Have tried this on a normal keyboard aswell. The problem might be the swedish keyboard setting. Will try uk keyboard and see what happens.
NTJedi
Townie

Post by NTJedi »

it's definitely something with your keyboard or possible unusual keyboard drivers. Those keys work fine for me.
There can be only one.
~Highlander
ShadoKnight
Nomad

Post by ShadoKnight »

(Preface: I know nothing about Swedish keyboards)

If '<' and '>' aren't working for you, and you don't have a us standard keyboard layout (I'd guess UK is similar / identical), try ',' instead of '<' and '.' instead of '>' (that's a comma instead of a less-than, and a period instead of a greater-than). The actual keybindings are to those, and the value of shift is ignored, so if ',' and '.' are on different keys, that may be your problem....

SK
je147
Townie

Post by je147 »

Thanks for all the answers. I will try your solutions out with i hope success.
Falkentyne
Townie

Post by Falkentyne »

Sorry if this hasn't been asked,
but there was a previous problem with 2.1 beta where all monsters with missile weapons (arrows, etc) always hit regardless of your AC.

Has this been addressed or is this still a problem with the 2.01a beta patch (the one slightly newer than the 2.01 beta?).
NTJedi
Townie

Post by NTJedi »

I believe this is still a problem because my men are always getting hit in combat by missle attacks.... even with -20 AC.
There can be only one.
~Highlander
je147
Townie

Post by je147 »

The key : was the one that upped the scroll speed on the swedish keyboard.