How's the Storyline for DW?

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

Thufir
Townie

How's the Storyline for DW?

Post by Thufir »

I'm considering purchasing Devil Whiskey, but I'd like to hear what current players think about the storyline for DW. I like turn based RPGs, but based on the demo it looks rather low tech, even for a turn based game. OTOH, I can easily forgive the game it's low tech nature, if the story is good, or better yet if it also has nicely designed game mechanics (with the interesting/fun tactical circumstances that should result).

Any opinions out there?

TIA,

Thufir
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

I enjoyed both the storyline & game mechanics in DW, along with the setting...but haven't played many games other than DW in recent years, so can't make good comparisons except to a couple of relatively cheesy RPG's (which DW easily blows out of the water).

General concensus seems to be that if you enjoyed the old series such as Bard's Tale, then you'll likely enjoy DW. (btw, the updated/patch/beta version(s) provide some nice enhancements over the previous 2.0 ver)
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor