Will my demo save

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

AndreD
Townie

Will my demo save

Post by AndreD »

game will work with the full version when I get it. Have the latest demo version.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Good question...one would certainly expect it to, but there are several versions of both demo- & full-game floating round now..so wouldn't be surprised if there are some incompatiblities between certain combinations--esp using the savegame from the latest Demo with an older Full game..

Devs prolly need to answer this one..
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

In order to make sure that you get the most benefits of any newer versions, it may just be a better idea to start a new game, but if you are really attached to those characters, it shouldn't be an issue that I know of, as long as your demo is the latest version.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
AndreD
Townie

Post by AndreD »

it is latest version of demo. Started playing it & liked it so now just waiting for my full game to come in
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

Yes, it will save, unless you have a mental disability. If you start on an older version, and then upgrade to a new one without starting a new party; you may have some weird stuff in your inventory afterwards. Happened to me during the first patch on the full game; but I've started anew every other patch so I don't know if it affects those.
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

San Angelo... What do you know? Now tell me do you have something to say? Don't get me wrong, I miss my home, and it feels like I'm a million miles away.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

AndreD, you know you can always download the full game after you've placed an order (sounds like you're waiting on the boxed ver, eh?)..

The boxed ver is likely to be the straight 2.0 ver (i.e., pre-Alpha or Beta patch) --whereas your demo (if latest as you say) may be the newer ver with some updates... so I wouldn't be surprised if there are some issues.. but just try it & see...if it's all mucked up, just start a new party (after killing off the old group so your new guys get the reincarnated souls of the old fellers :P ) using whichever full game ver you wanna try.. the newest 'patched' versions offer some enhancements but still have some buggers & plenty o' kink--not necessarily the good/bad kind like Dom prefers.. :twisted:
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
AndreD
Townie

Post by AndreD »

Yes waiting for box version Growler, till the then just playing around with demo. Now wondering is the mod community is adding more quests & items to the full game or new features like for example:

To put text in the automap for reference & a journal for quests, recipes, songs learned, spells leaened, monsters u came across or how many killed & lots of other things which is too many to list & most probably won't get added or won't work with the engine they are using. I just don't know for my modding & programming skills is VERY non existent. :oops:

For don't know yet for membership is still pending waiting for Pay-Pal transaction to go through 6-8 days & have ordered this game Friday Sept 16. Might find out later this week (hopefully) to see what's up in the mod community for this game. Brings back memories of playing the old SSI gold games on my very very very old comp.
AndreD
Townie

Post by AndreD »

Okay just checked my bank account the money was taken out for Pay-Pal to pay for this game, now just have to wait for it in the mail. :cry: I would have downloaded this but does anyone remembers whats it like to download on dial-up(which i'm still stuck with, for I live out in the boonies). :cry:
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Dialup? Oy. Vey. But Boonies = Goot (otherwise)
Well, assuming you've got an unlimited plan & hopefully a d/l manager (that can auto-reconnect), you might could start the d/l 'fore ya go to bed...it's only ~250 megs.. Should have it by the time your grandchillin's are in college.. :wink:

Origen's the Main Man (well, God..if you purchase the Hyper-Bowl) fer Masterly Moddin'... check the Mod-related threads for info..

A journal-quest/log would b so def-jam...

*Growler blinks*