Patches

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

Higa
Townie

Patches

Post by Higa »

Well, thank to Origen, I now finally play BT1 - I have heard nothing from the admins yet. My version of DW is 2.0., but then I read in this forum about a 2.01 patch... is there such a patch? What does it do? Should I have it?

I read in a review of DW that it took huuuge amounts of xp for wizards to level in the different paths of magic-classes. Is this fixed in my 2.0 version?

And finally, how does the patches effect Origens BT1-mod? Do I need the 2.01 patch (or other patches) at all, when playing this mod?
hafen
Townie

Post by hafen »

I´ve got the boxed Edition of DW. In my opinion you can play the game well and through without the patch. It fixes some minor bugs that can bring the game to crash.

I Used Origens Mod combined with the newest Ptach and all is working fine for me.

I´v got a female pyromancer that levels very fast. The slowest Char in my party was the female paladin the levels very slow.
Onen i Estel edain, u-chebin estel anim.

-Aragorn to Arwen-
Higa
Townie

Post by Higa »

Well, that sounds good. Is it the 2.01 a patch you talk about? Does it speed up the leveling for magic users?

Either way, I've given up trying to get access to patches - I've sent multiple emials to the designers with my request, but after getting no response I think I'll have to live without the 2.01 a patch.

As you say - the game run well anyway.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

At some point, I do have faith that all of these issues will be ironed out.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Just placed an announcement in this Forum.

We are still around and we are moving forward on some items.
dragonbait
Stalker

Frequent Game Crashes

Post by dragonbait »

I have the boxed version 2.0 and the game crashes quite frequently giving 3 options 1. debug, 2. report error, 3.) don't report error, and the game ends up shutting down. Would the patch fix most of the crashes? and what exactly does it do? :?:
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Those 'crash' options sound like Windows operating system options.. as opposed to game-generated options.. :?

The patch should solve some issues but then introduce a few new ones.. but you could always try it & see.

As always--backup your 'savegame' file regularly.

There's only 1 game-based save per party, so be sure to manually back that file up often--only takes a sec to do a file 'copy' & then 'paste' into a backup folder you create.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor