Mind Vortex

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

dragonbait
Stalker

Mind Vortex

Post by dragonbait »

I just gotta say, since i last got annililated in the final battle of the Guard's Tower, i've been training my team in the Arena and got my arcanist to the summoner level. I just tried using the 7th level Illusionist spell Mind Vortex and it completely destroys everyone. it works great. I've been beating up on those stone clerics in the arena to gain some extra experience points. I'd say the best spell so far is the arcanists Mind Vortex followed then by the Pyromancer's Solar Flare. Sheet of fire works well but only against one group of enemies. I would go back to the guard tower by now but i think i'm addicted to fighting in the arena. 8)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Those are good--but I dig the blinding spells--esp BLLI--it's like getting 2 free turns against almost all enemies! :P :twisted: :P
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I noticed the greatness of this spell a while back. What happens is that everyone is either killed, stoned, or poisoned. For the most part, this means that there is nothing they can do, which makes for an easy win.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Gagorr
Orker

Post by Gagorr »

My party is composed of five psi-knights, a ranger, a bard and an elementalist. After a blinding light, i just hurl a torrent of debris and then they should go down easily. Problem is psi-knights take more XP to level-up.

Where is this arena? My knights are still white arrows up to now. :-(
uwaaaargh!
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I know the Arena is somewhere in the wilderness, but that is all I've got. Probably either southwest, southeast, or northwest. I believe the dwarf thingies are northeast, so it's not there.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Try going east and south. I mean waaaaaay east and waaaaaay south. :wink:
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

And while your there, fight some of those stone clerics. give them a chance to summon more monsters first though before you attack. :)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Meanwhile wrote:And while your there, fight some of those stone clerics. give them a chance to summon more monsters first though before you attack. :)
Yeah, recall doing that several times as it seemed one of the most effective ways to level-up..
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor