Tithing to the temple?

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

dragonbait
Stalker

Tithing to the temple?

Post by dragonbait »

Maybe I'm asking a dumb question but is there any point to tithing to the temple? Is it something that only benefits the Psi Knight? and if so what are the benefits? And I know that after you give the money the priest bless you but does that really do anything? or am I missing something? 8)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Dragonbait, ye've got to ax yerself uno question: 'Do I feel lucky?'

Well, do ya punquette?

:twisted:

:idea:

:wink:
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

I just tried giving money to the temple. A few times actually giving more each time. The most I gave was about 10,000 coins but I didn't find that it did anything. Is there a point to giving money to them? I don't have a psi knight on my team but the priest said i had their blessings or something like that. Should I have a psi knight to get better effects for tithing?
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Meanwhile, do U feelucky?

:wink:

Whoever gave the 10g's certainly should!

Tho' doesn't seem to help after some point that I can discern.. anyone figure out what's the max attrib value?

Remember...even the best luck eventually runneth out. :o :( :evil:
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Oh now I get it. But you really gotta shell out some cash to get really lucky. I just donated $50,000 gold coins to help out the lepers and now have 54 luck. I guess I really didn't need the money too much anyway.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Seem to recall it was 500gp's per +1 to the lucky tither..

But anyone seeing any benefit to having super-high Luck??

Guessing it algorthymically maxes out around 25~30 perhaps?
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Well I've gotten by most of the game without having high luck scores fine. I did manage to pick up a luck shield a while back. I'll try upping my luck at the temple and try to max out just for the heck of it and see if it makes things easier. I'd imagine it might help out a rogue disarming some trap on a chest or running from the enemy but I don't usually run and I don't have a rogue anyway. 8)
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Oh and apparently i've left the town behind and am living a nomadic life now. 8)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

dragonbait wrote:..apparently i've left the town behind and am living a nomadic life now. 8)
did those guards lock the dang gate Again!?! :evil:

btw, try not to get stuck outside the gates after dark.. :? :shock:
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Nope. I don't think i'm ever going back to town now, except maybe to loot and pillage. :P
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Well, you may get thirsty.. or lonely & need to 'make time' with the hot elven chick :wink:
Ziusudra
Black Claw

Post by Ziusudra »

Growler wrote:Well, you may get thirsty.. or lonely & need to 'make time' with the hot elven chick :wink:
I thought the elven chicks (and hens and roosters) were all out in the woods somewhere, chattering in their own language, with subtitles appearing on the screen...
Nuwa wadar-ma ekkatani. Nuwa sinda-on ezzatani.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Growler wrote:Well, you may get thirsty.. or lonely & need to 'make time' with the hot elven chick :wink:
I think you forgot to take into account that Dragonbait is a Saurian. Get's me thinking though, I wonder what the offspring of a Saurian and a pretty elven lady would be? :)
Gagorr
Orker

Post by Gagorr »

dragonbait wrote:
I think you forgot to take into account that Dragonbait is a Saurian. Get's me thinking though, I wonder what the offspring of a Saurian and a pretty elven lady would be? :)
i'd like to see that in the next DW saga. Definitely. Mmmm.
uwaaaargh!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Growler is now O-fishially 'disturbed'!
:o
(& it takes a lot to even unofficially disturb a growler)

Growler is also ever-so-slightly aroused..

(uh, did I jest type that out loud? :oops:)