Eye + Shield + light spell durations

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Eye + Shield + light spell durations

Post by Meanwhile »

I found certain spells like Balder's shield, the light spell and Heemdal's eye, although labeled indefinite, it seems they really are indefinite. I've cast the spells once and after that i've never had to cast them because they always remain on. I think there should be more areas in the dungeons where there are blackout areas where all spells previously cast no longer work and have to be recast. Otherwise it makes it too easy knowing that after you cast your shield spell you will never need to cast it again. :(
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Seem to recall there was something other than just anti-magic/blackout' areas that caused those spells to end...or, they just ran out eventually?
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

I guess if eventually means the average lifetime of anyone in yoda's family. The shield and eye don't ever seem to stop. Not that that's really a bad thing but just makes it a little too easy how long the spells last for.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Hmmm...the notion of Yoda having offspringy--highly disturbing.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Ziusudra
Black Claw

Post by Ziusudra »

Not as frightening as someone else having offspring (or off-summers, autumns, or winters).

I believe those two spells are "eternal" until some anti-magic field squelches 'em.
Nuwa wadar-ma ekkatani. Nuwa sinda-on ezzatani.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Growler wrote:Hmmm...the notion of Yoda having offspringy--highly disturbing.
"When Nine hundred years old you reach, look as good you will not."
-Yoda