About the black box

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

Gagorr
Orker

About the black box

Post by Gagorr »

How does one activate the blackbox?

Also: Are there any other recipes aside from the ones from the arcanum? (I love the arcanum, he he, The history of the creatures realy turns me on. Imagine a band of goblins raiding a carriage of hot nubile elven wemen. And they said the dark children bred with any living thing they come across. :twisted: )
uwaaaargh!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Never tried crafting a box noir (aka, box d'morte), but reckon you'd equip it & then use it during battle.. :twisted:

AFAIK, all of the available recipies should be in the Arcanium; but you might could go thru the items list file & double-check..

Crafting turned out to be one of most fun elements..

ok, Gagorr...don't get Too turned on; there may be young elven folk about.. :wink:
besides, Origen has a... sensitive & delicate nature..

the stories were pretty cool...
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Gagorr
Orker

Post by Gagorr »

i equiped the black box to my elementalist with more than 200 SP but still not enough energy. I'll try again when i level up maybe this box is too powerful only high level magicians could use 'em.

oh and forgive my passion for interracials. :)
uwaaaargh!
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Most likely, the item is just not working correctly. I never tried using them, but I noticed that any item that can be used only once doesn't work. For some reason, if you want something that can only be used once, you have to set the charges on that item to 2.

If something only has the 1 charge, you keep getting the "does not have the necessary energy" message.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

yeah I got the same not enough energy message. Oh well, would have been interesting to know what the thing actually does though. 8)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Don't recall exactly which spell it invokes, but one that has some chance of instantaneously killing 1 (possibly powerful) enema.

uh, make that '1 enemy' :oops:
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Gagorr
Orker

Post by Gagorr »

origen wrote:Most likely, the item is just not working correctly. I never tried using them, but I noticed that any item that can be used only once doesn't work. For some reason, if you want something that can only be used once, you have to set the charges on that item to 2.

If something only has the 1 charge, you keep getting the "does not have the necessary energy" message.
i'm not sure i understand this. What are charges? How do you set charges?
uwaaaargh!
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

It is a setting in the items file. Basically, it means "How many times can this item be used before it stops working."

An easy example of this would be arrows. When you start, you have 20 arrows, and every time you use one, the number decreases.

Once you get to 0, you have no more arrows to use.

Items should work similar to the Arrows (which are considered ammo, and not an item), but if you set the charge on an item to work once (ie only one use), it doesn;t work at all.

An example of something with one use would be a Figurine. Once you use it, it is supposed to dissappear, because the power has been used up.

In DW, if you set the charge to 1, you get the "does not have the energy" message. Therefore, if you want an item to be used only once, you would have to set the charges to 2, which will allow 1 use, and then after that the energy message.

It is a slightly complicated explination, but basically the devs messed up with this one, and the only real fix would have to be done by them.

EDIT: I guess the cencoring doesn't work anymore. :oops:
Gagorr
Orker

Post by Gagorr »

Do i use a toolset to do this? Where do i find one?
uwaaaargh!
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

You can find the toolkit in the downloads section of Rennibister Hall (the same place you find the game.)

Unfortunately, if you use the toolkit to compile the included items list (with these corrections), you will then miss out on the newer items in the game that are not included on that list.
Gagorr
Orker

Post by Gagorr »

So.. Has anyone tested the Blackbox yet?

If yes, what does it do? How to use it?
uwaaaargh!
hafen
Townie

Post by hafen »

It has never worked for me. If someone still know what it does when it works please let us know.
Onen i Estel edain, u-chebin estel anim.

-Aragorn to Arwen-
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Don't recall ever finding or crafting one, but it should cast one of the 'instant death' spells.. (which don't always work)

Seems I saw it listed in some crafting-related file where the spell it invoked was identified..
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Seem to remember Origen mentioning that there was some error with the programming with the black box. Something about it having only one charge and the error was that if it had 2 charges, it could be used once but since it had only one charge to begin with it couldn't be used at all stating not enough energy.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Well, that was my theory on why it wasn't working. I never tried one yet, so I can't say for sure.