Who knew that there was a game to go with all the modding!?!

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

How's your Red-Claw working out?

Seems they're good initially to help get a crew cranked up, but then don't 'scale' up (so 2 spake, pardon the pun) in power like most other races..
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

origen wrote: I also replaced by Psi-Knight with a Red Claw. My Psi-Knight kept dying, and it was getting too expensive to keep reviving him.
I remember early in the game, and having a Psi-knight on my team. And he was like a beacon for enemies to inflict damage. For some reason my Psi-knight would get his butt kicked much more frequently than any other fighter team members. I like the redclaws. High hit points. Good early on in the game. And now that my team is quite powerfull my redclaw, now a high talon, is much more effective in combat than he was earlier on, not to mention if i was to fight my team to the death, he would be the last one standing at +500 Hitpoints. It's easier to bring the Psi-knight onto the team a little later on in the game. 8)
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Okay, I haven't done much, which is why there haven't been any updates. I am hanging around town now, trying to build up my party before I tackle the first dungeon. I will start with the cloak quest. I got the guards to stop chasing me. I probably should have waited a little longer, to get some more XP, but what can you do. It wasn't my intention, really. I was just visiting some of the houses, and I saw the hot elf chick, who told me how to get the guards to stop. But, after just talking to her, they pretty much stopped!?! So, I finished that quest until the point when I enter the dungeon.

So, my party is mostly around levels 11 and 12 now. Once I hit 13, I will begin crafting. Some PLS will be good right about now, since I am usually hack and slash, anyway. I would try some Thunderhammers, but I am not sure if they even work in this release properly. We will see.

Some changes that I have noticed so far is that there are alot of new weapons around. I made a weapon list, which is on Growler's website somewhere, and I realize that it is extremely outdated right now. So I look forward to see what some of these items do, but my party is still too low to get much information at this point. Also, some of the enemy attacks are different. I will have to check out the actions file at some point and see what is going on with that.

I am also proud to say that I have not done any cheating, or changed the game in any way. I expect to pass level 13 tonight (at least for some of my party), so more to come.

My Red Claw has been an effective addition. Since I added him fairly early, he is only about 1 level behind everyone else. He was able to catch up pretty quickly, and has not dies yet. One error I noticed is that my Red Claw can equip a Short Bow and a Composite Bow, but he is unable to equip any arrows. So what is he supposed to shoot!?!
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Sounding good so far..keep pluggin' away :P
But ya just Had to go check out the hot elf chickee.. 8)
(all the guards are now chasing Her around 'stead of you)

Wish I had started crafting sooner--good idea to start ASAP. The ThunderHammers kinda got fixed in the latest patched vers, but seems there was still something flaky? Or maybe just frustrating that after all the effort that went into crafting one only yields a limited # of 'throws'.. like it loses its magical boomerranger effect after a few tosses?

If you or anyone wants to make a new/improved items list-file, I'll be happy to post/host it.

Red Claws lack the prehensile dexterity to properly string & fire a bow.
Either that or they gots bugs in their codes of armor. :? :wink:
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Okay, here are my observations.

After taking forever to reach level 13, I was able to advance just about all of my characters to level 19 almost immediately after. This seems way too quick. I could understand my Elementalist advancing quickly, since his spells start over from level 1 again, but the others should have a tougher time.

In no time at all, I created 6 Perfect Long Swords, 1 Life Briner, 1 Belt of Samson Strength, 5 Belt of Ogre Strength, 1 Enchanted Great Sword, 1 Thinderhammer, and 2 Perfect Robes. Crafting is pretty easy.

And, I now remember the complaint about the Thunderhammer. While it does have 100 uses, none of my characters can equip it. So, I guess that was a waste.

So far, everything seems to be going well. I am in the Cloak quest now, so I am still early. But moving forward.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Don't forget the amulets of quickness and amulets of all-knowing. 8)
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

If I had the amulet of all knowing, then I would have remembered it. I guess I just didn't know.

Actually, I have taken a small hiatus on the game to do some modding. I will go back to it, as I made sure that I am not editing anything on the game where I am playing.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Have you now gone further (plot-wise or otherwise) into the game than you had before?

Curious why your guys leveled up so fast from 13 to 19?

Was it partly due to successfully fighting bigger/badder/larger-groupers than earlier & thus getting lots mo exp pts per battle?

Or do you think the newer/patch advancement tables are skewed?

btw, you've inspired Growler to start a new crew & replay...up to levs 6~8 so far, but kinda doubt I'll go all the way thru anytime soon.. mostly curious to see how the latest patched ver plays..
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

There weren't many battles, so I believe the new XP charts are a little skewered. I can understand an Elementalist leveling up quicker starting with level 14, since he is basically learning the beginning spells for another class (as opposed to the Arcanist, who is learning stronger spells) but everyone else shouldn't have that easy of a time.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Oh, and I haven't passed the part I reached. I think I may have finished the Dwarf caves originally, but stopped before the Guard tower.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

origen wrote:After taking forever to reach level 13, I was able to advance just about all of my characters to level 19 almost immediately after. This seems way too quick. ...

In no time at all, I created 6 Perfect Long Swords, 1 Life Briner, 1 Belt of Samson Strength, 5 Belt of Ogre Strength, 1 Enchanted Great Sword, 1 Thinderhammer, and 2 Perfect Robes. Crafting is pretty easy.

And, I now remember the complaint about the Thunderhammer. While it does have 100 uses, none of my characters can equip it. So, I guess that was a waste. ...
Wonder if partly why you leveled up so fast after reaching 13th is then you could (as you mention) start crafting like a maniac.. :wink: thus you could start whipping thru battles & not have to refresh in various ways so oft..? just a thought..

Maybe you knew this already, but it appears that the ThunderHammer requires a whopping Strength of 25 ! :shock: (even the new Labrys Colossas only ax's fur ST of 18 :?)

And since they removed that awesome super-stregth item (champion's stones..or something a bit bawdy) from ez purchase at the local shop, getting one's ST up to 25 is much more challenging.. not to mention the TH has only a few tosses 'fore it runs outta charges.. (100 seems like a lot, but a feller who's likely to wield it is likely to have multiple NATs, so each 'use' blows thru mebe a 1/2 doz charges.. a few tuff battles & it's gone; should have at least 250 or 500 charges considering the effort that goes into crafting it)
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I didn't check the strength requirements, so it is probably just that my characters are a bunch of girlie-men.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

origen wrote:my characters are a bunch of girlie-men.
Ok, then.. I'll let Origen's admission stand sans comment.

Btw, have any of yer uh..girlie-men tried the butt-whomping Labrys Colossas?
Any wielder loses 2 NATs, but even a single swing is heavily damaging! Only weapon that can give the vaunted PLS a run..but ya don't have to wait to reach lev 13+ in order to get crafty.. :wink:

Time fur some Origenic updates! :P
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I saw that weapon, but when I was in the store at that time, I had no money. I haven't been back since. I will have to check it out, since I do not believe my Red Claw can use the PLS.
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Growler wrote:Labrys Colossas?
Any wielder loses 2 NATs, but even a single swing is heavily damaging!
Time fur some Origenic updates! :P
The Labrys Colossas is that in version 2.01 in the shops? is version 2.01 much different than 2.0?