a few questions

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

Destinywand
Townie

a few questions

Post by Destinywand »

Hell guys, I have been interested in this game for a while. I am a big Bard's Tale fan, having almost finished BT 2, I still have the orginal box, disk, manual, and hint book for bard's tale 2. A few questions about Devil's Whiskey:

1. If you level up to the maximum level in the demo, then purchase the full game, can you continue leveling those same characters?

2. Is there a max level? from what i've read it sounds like there isnt

3. How big is the full game? say in comparison to bard's tale 1, 2, or 3. and how do the add-on's work?

thanks guys! :D
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Good to see some fresh blood. Buy the game, download the toolkit, and get modding.

1. Yes, you can transfer your characters, but you might not get the full benefit of some things. It is recommended that you start a fresh party.

2. I have leveled my people (by cheating, or coursr) to over level 100, so I do not believe there is a maximum. After level 50, you do not get any additional skills.

3. I don't know. I have only had the game since it's release, so I have not had a chance to play through it fully. But I do not think it takes that long to complete the main storyline, from what I heard. I would probably compare it to the original Bard's Tale in terms of time to complete, perhaps a little longer, but not much.

4. If you have a chance, I noticed that some great modder (I forget his name) created a Bard's Tale download, which you can access if you purchase the game.

BTW, I still have all three BT games for my C64 (which I still play from time to time), along with all of the documents. Although, somewhere in my cluttered desk is my BT3 codewheel, so I haven't been able to play until I find it again. :x
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Destinywand
Townie

Post by Destinywand »

thanks for the info. What exactly would you be missing if you continued to level your characters from the demo in the full game? yeah i used to have BT3 with code wheel and all, dont know what happened to it. And Starflight 2 with the awesome star map.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

i honestly do not know, and it really might be that there would be nothing missing. But since unlike the BT games, there is no transfer characters option, you would be moving your saved game.

There may or may not be any problems, since I do not think the demo is the same version as the full release.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

I never played the demo version of DW. I just went straight into playing the full version. Without cheating I got my characters up to levels 51 and 52 by the time I finished the game including sidequests.
I decided to use fewer characters for my second time around the DW so they will be at a higher level when i complete it again. Pick up the full game. It's definitely worth it. And i'd recommend going into the configurations to set the level of difficulty to impossible. Makes it even more fun. 8)
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Meanwhile...............Yup. I still got bard's tale I on an original 3.5 floppy too. Though i don't have the map anymore so when i go to train my team sometimes get asked what the name of a certain street is. Gotta download the map from somewhere sometime.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

If you are in the city and press the location key in BY (I think it was ?), it will tell you what street you are on. You can then check your own maps.
Destinywand
Townie

Post by Destinywand »