Growler's Challenge!

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

illespal
Crueman

Post by illespal »

Definitely it must be a project for modders! The framework itself will be surely Opensource and intended to use it for mods, maybe complete new games too. It is a tough project, and it's started just a week ago. So lot of work ahead, and the project in its more mature state will surely receive with open arms any help especially in content like 3D, mods, quests, maps. I will keep you informed. :)
illespal
Crueman

Post by illespal »

And yeah, sorry for being off topic.
Just one last thing here: until the project gets into a more mature state the one thing that still gets the project's appreciation is commenting on the dev's blog if you have ideas on some of the posts there. Thanks for listening. I'm getting off the channel. :)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

illespal, this is as 'on-topic' as it gets! :P

Happy to hear you are working on an open-source CRPG!!

Please keep us posted here or anywhere.. :D
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

My amendment to Growler's challenge:
Half-Orc Hydromancer.
Because the Hydromancer NEVER gets a level-based damage spell like all the other elements do. And a Half-Orc gets -4 IQ & -1 WI. So forget using magic in combat for the first few levels... :twisted:
1 point 21 jigawatts!
illespal
Crueman

Post by illespal »

Growler wrote:illespal, this is as 'on-topic' as it gets! :P

Happy to hear you are working on an open-source CRPG!!

Please keep us posted here or anywhere.. :D
Okay, Growler. :) Currently working on a half complex climate engine for the World fo java classic rpg... i am always working to make the framework as much dynamic as possible...the concept is a selfgenerating, programmed world. It makes designers life maybe easier, maybe harder...but already it is rather easy to put a custom size house on the map without a designer tool, just in Java code. :) If the City will be complete, it will populate itself... Beyond the plans, the done things: the world's geographical part got some first iteration of implementation, mountain/plain/forest for the first round. Check out the screenshots on the blog, if not already...urls in my signature. :)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Wow--Impressive!! :P :D :P

Keep it going!

Anyone else here who can contribute to the project :?:
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
illespal
Crueman

Post by illespal »

Growler wrote:Wow--Impressive!! :P :D :P

Keep it going!

Anyone else here who can contribute to the project :?:
Great you like it! :-D Soon I will be in need of low polygon animal/humanoid and additional plant models, (maybe - first roundo only on low priority - some sound effects/music).
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

hmmm. Growler's a low polygon animal/humanoid/plant mutation isn't he? :lol:
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

am feeling rather squarishly smallish theez daze...grrrrrr.... :evil:
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

Here's an insane challenge that BT3 lovers (Thief of Fate) can appreciate after being able to finish that game only if you have a high level Rogue in your party:

Level 1 rogue, as high as you can roll him without cheating, any race, no $$ cheats, all alone, average difficlty level, using the best equip and items that s/he can manage to find/buy: FINISH THE GAME

I can't imagine that there could be a more difficult challenge than that in this game (or a greater DW player accomplishment), and I would never be insane enough to try it. I imagine that if you can get the Champion Stone and survive 1 fight somehow, getting to level 2/3, you could probably do it and reach super high levels due to 8x XP and due to the low exp. points req'd for high level rogue advancement.

Anyone who could finish this challenge (Chaney? Growler?) would truly be deserving of the one and only Origen Crown of Power (suggested item for the last level of your next mod :wink: ).

jy_blaste
Last edited by jy_blaste on Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I wouldn't even attempt it. The time required to finish some of the larger battles, ie multiple groups with multiple members in them, would take a lifetime alone. I am just not that insane, thank you. lol
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

:) Don't blame you LOL, that's why I couldn't imagine a more impossible challenge in the game. Maybe the rogue should get an upgraded spellcasting knife in the next version that casts 1d4xlevel with 10 uses a day.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Interesting challenge..

Anyone know if there's Any way a Rogue in DW can attack more than one opponent at a time?? Any skill, spell, weapon, etc??

Would be cool if at some very high level, a hi-dex Rogue could attack several opponents per round. If so, Then I'd consider trying it.. Of course, it would likely take dozens of deaths/reloads just to get yer Roguer up to level 2 or 3, but then it might not be so bad and he could rise quickly.
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

nothing like solving an 'impossible' challenge :D I was thinking that if you are playing a single rogue, he is not going to go around fighting everyone he finds (after advancing a bit). He's probably going to sneak his way around every dungeon, fighting only who he has to, in stealth, getting all the items he can and getting out after solving each stage. Just takes a change in mindset (to the extent possible). He might even craft or try to find himself a greater demon figurine for those tougher moments, just in case, although I suppose that might not be consistent with the terms of the challenge. Either way, he'd be spending a lot of time in the shadows.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

jy_blaste wrote: ..he'd be spending a lot of time in the shadows.
time to go nab some shadow-gear, yo!

8)