I just found this game by accident...

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

Kilees
Townie

I just found this game by accident...

Post by Kilees »

I just found this game by accident while searching for the Bards Tale game to play... again. I played the 1st Wizardry game when it first came out (so that probably makes me 254 years old) So when I found Devil Whiskey, I purchaced and downloaded it immediatly! Yes, very happy and lucky I am to have found this rare old/new game! I haven't started playing yet, must read the very well written manual and create a perfect party! Any suggestions?
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Greetings Kilees!

It's awesome to see a new face on the forums! :)

suggestions for a pefect party.

Well first off your going to need some Tanks up front. Maybe a half-orc warrior or a human barbarian, or a saurian redclaw. Or all three!

And you'll want to start off with a Pyromancer as your Elementalist
And you'll need an Arcanist for healing purposes.

Monks aren't so hot in this game though and Bard's are OK. They have one good bard song that puts enemies to sleep. can't remember the name of the song though.
Defenders fell, their bane come true, Garth, Roscoe, Kylearan too!
Kilees
Townie

Post by Kilees »

Thanks Meanwhile,
It seems that I'm at the tail end of a great game that's slowly losing it's small fan base, and website. We are a rare breed indeed. But alas, I will stick with you guys till the end. But enough of that, off I go to Rennibister, my party awaits creation!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

just dropping in to say Hi, to our new member Kilees! :D

As Meanwhile says, it's nice seeing new people here at the DW forums!!

Just a quick post to say, remember to start crafting items once you reach level 13. Craft an Amulet of All-Knowing and give it to your Arcanist. Then craft Amulets of Quickness and give it to everyone else. And once your Arcanist reaches Illusionist Spell Level 7, have him/her cast Mind Vortex while having the Amulet of All-Knowing equiped. Does wonders against your enemies! :twisted:
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I created quite a few items that were extremely helpful.
Perfect long swords
Belt of ogre stength
Belt of Samson Stength(Paladins)
Amulet of Quickness
Perfect Robe
Everyone is different, but I really enjoyed the crafting aspect. Have Fun!!!
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Oh, and one last most important thing about crafting items......SAVE YOUR GAME right before you craft an item! that way if your item gets contaminated during the process, you can just reload the game instead of having to go back to the shop and re-buy all of the items one by one again. 8)
Kilees
Townie

Post by Kilees »

Thank you for the information fellow adventurers!
The Character creation was most enjoyable indeed! I ended up creating 11 characters. I love the gameplay, it is classic greatness, all of it. I am very glad I found this game and community.
And yes, I cannot wait to start crafting!!! Eight more levels to go.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Well, everyone else has already given you excellent pre-war intel,
so I'll just say Welcome, Cheers, & how's your game going??

Last heard you had 8 levs to go b4 crafting...guessing yer well past crafting & mebe finished the game?

(unlike our illustrious Origen :twisted: )
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor