Okay, just a little clarification.

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

worm
Townie

Okay, just a little clarification.

Post by worm »

I paid 25 dollars for a game, I chose to download it rather than get a boxed copy, and now I need to pay 10 dollars to get it again?
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I am unsure if this applies to your specific situation, but originally you only had to pay the $10 if it was more than 1 year since you had paid the $25. There were usually mods that had been done that you would have access to, so it was worth it. The game is easily worth $25, but I wouldn't personally pay $10 to load it again. What happened to the first download?
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
worm
Townie

Post by worm »

It expired I suppose? I really don't remember the download only being for a year, but I could have at the time thought I'd back up the EXE?

Code: Select all

Product  	                                        Period  	       Payment System  	Amount
Devil Whiskey Download Edition, Ver 2.0 	12/15/2004 	12/15/2005 		             $25.00 
Yeah, It does seem like I agree that it was worth 25 bucks. I hope this was just a mishap.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Personally, I don't think they should charge again for basically the same game--only if they make substantial updates/expansions along with mods. But if they're gonna charge for the mods, then seems only fair to share with those who created the mods.

On the other hand, can understand they may need to limit &/or charge for large downloads considering server costs. But seems like yer initial 25 bux should cover at least 2 full downloads. :?

And it's not like we're paying for (regular) forum support! :roll:
(tho there have been some responses by some devs--which is much appreciated)
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
worm
Townie

Post by worm »

Fate, a Diablo clone made by WildTangent still has saved my account and lets me re-activate the product. Score for them.

Server costs seems like a giant cop-out, you could incur the same kind of bandwith use from me downloading a demo, or looking at screenshots. I wish it was upfront, I'm reasonably sure if I was clicking on "buy temporary download rights" I would have went with a boxed version.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

worm wrote:Fate, a Diablo clone made by WildTangent still has saved my account and lets me re-activate the product. Score for them.

Server costs seems like a giant cop-out..
Good point re: server costs..

Try running some anti-spyware progs (such as SpyBot, Ad-Aware, AVG Anti-Spyware) & see if they flag 'WildTangent' as some form of ad/mal/spy-ware.. in the past, I've seen it flagged as such--so just want to suggest caution.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
worm
Townie

Post by worm »

They changed their revenue model. Games are ad supported now (unless you bought it(even years and years ago)).
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Fuzz-Butt, you pinged just about everything. Did Dragonbait make you worry that he would pass your status? :lol:
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

pingpingpingping :P

just a bit o' ketchuping..uh, upwards..

man, there were SO many posts since I'd last loggered-headed inwards!! -actually only pingered 1 in 4, ..ok, mebe 1 outta 3--honest 2 Hayseus no more'n'three'n'four!! :o

now what's this clap-trap re: Dragon (sir)passing ole fur..GROWLER?!?
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

site locked on target. 792 more posts to go :twisted:
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

dragonbait wrote:site locked on target. 792 more posts to go :twisted:
Remember young Jedi-Knite: it's not about quantity--it's also about the utter lack of quality & disregard for topic relevance. Sew ye see my young friend, ye have Mucho to learno from zee wilely ole courtly-jesterin' Growler--Master of Divine Drivel!

:twisted: :P 8) :P :twisted:

.x.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

never underestimate the power of the.........yeodaugh's rapidfire machine gun! ratatatatatatat :twisted: :lol:

I see you got your bigfoot avatar on again.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Growler wrote:[Remember young Jedi-Knite: it's not about quantity--it's also about the utter lack of quality & disregard for topic relevance.
Yup. That sounds like Growler alright. Who cares if anyone wants to hear it, he'll say it anyway. :)
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Growler, are you going to let him treat you like a punk wench. Oh yeah, this is Growler we're talking about. :P
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I just discovered that they have a filter of sorts on the forums. I actually called Growler a punk female dog which came our as punk wench. :D