Game worth to buy and some quenstions

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

blacky69

Game worth to buy and some quenstions

Post by blacky69 »

Hi,

I am new here and i have loved bt styled games in the past. Now i have heard about this game and i have some questions.

1. Is the game worth to buy this means is the full version free of bugs and finished?
2. Are there some problems after payment with the download?
3. Can i use the MOD Files with the Demo Version also?

Thx for answering
Blacky
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Hey

1.) the game is well worth the price. I've played through the whole game and i never ran into any bugs. I read somewhere on the forums that there's a bug with one of the sidequests that caused the game to crash, but I never had any problems.

2.) there should be some boxed versions available. That's what I got. It's a sweet package with a manual and a CD.

3.) not sure. never really bothered with the demo. just got the full version.
Defenders fell, their bane come true, Garth, Roscoe, Kylearan too!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Hi Blacky: I got the boxed version as well. A very fun game and worth it to pick it up. There are some patches that you can use to fix the bugs. The game is the finished product. The end of the game left it open for a sequel, but that probably won't ever happen. Regardless of that, the Devil Whiskey is probably the closest thing to the original bard's tale games as we're going to get so grab it while you can.

Concerning using mods with the demo version...

It would depend on each mod + what files were changed or added. I actually tried out "The Basement" on the demo version of DW a while back. It is possible to play "The Basement", however the demo version of DW limits the level your characters can train up to. I think the demo has a maximum of level 6 or 7. What I'm trying to say is, if your party of level 6'ers meet up with a high level monster, it'd be safe to assume that your party would be, lets say dragon-bait. I'm not sure that a team of level 6'ers could play the mod the whole way through and survive.

Also in the demo version, for some reason there is a path of trees that leads out from the city gates. The path is not in the full version, so if you install "The Basement" onto the demo, the path of trees will be erased.