Items with unknown effects

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

chaney
Stalker

Items with unknown effects

Post by chaney »

Does anyone know what the Spectre Ring does?
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

It casts BLWA, which is Blessed Water Strike. Other than that, nothing.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

It is an expensive ring, and apparently pretty worthless. Thanks for the info.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Name: Spectre Ring

Description: This garnet ring was originally created by necromancers of old to destroy renegade projects.

Class: Ar Ba El Mo Pa Pk Ra Ro Wa

Effect: 0 Damage from Undead. Wearer is totally ignored by undead and is unaffected by negative-planar spells/effects

Use: Casts BLWAAA!

Charges: unlimited

Value: 77,000 (Euros)
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I think the 0 damage from undead was the intended use, but it was never included in the game, which is why it was commented out in the items file. I do not believe the 0 damage from undead is a possible effect, as I have not seen it documented or listed on any items.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

thanx for the great thread, I was wondering about this myself, given the high cost attributed to the ring.
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

Follow up on the Spectre Ring: I equipped it on a mage before entering some major fights with some undead meanies. The scroll screen said that damage was occuring, ("-1, weakening him' "-4, weakening him"...) BUT no HP was being drained from the character and no strength or dex or other was being sapped.

It's going to take some more experimenting, but it looks like it actually works. The ring doesn't need to be invoked or used, just equipped. Will advise further once I have nailed down exactly how it works, and when it doesn't work. (V2.0, no patches, haven't tried it yet in patches).
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

Follow up note: The Spectre Ring can be equipped, along with other rings at the same time. The Spectre Ring appears to fully or partially negate attacks from undead, so it seems to be worth keeping, and keeping equipped. In some cases, the damage actually taken off your HP will be zero, in some cases, the damage landed is minor and is taken off (1 or 2 or 3 HP lost). In all cases, it appears that the Spectre Ring protects from level drains and that type of thing, although I haven't faced the highest level monsters yet (getting close). It certainly seems to work for Liches, Wraiths, etc., Landvat..., Ghouls and Ghosts, etc.