One less necromancer around

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

jy_blaste
War Monger

One less necromancer around

Post by jy_blaste »

(no spoilers are here)

Saga log...(stardate...)
Well, my noble party of 3 (1 psi, 1 arc, 1 ele, all at level 47 or so) finally had their long-awaited date with a certain Necromancer, after many hours of exploration and battle, and made rather short work of him and his friends.

With that chunk of the storyline complete, we are heading to what certainly appears to be the final quest(s) of the game, with some anticipation of even bigger fights and the reportedly anti-climactic ending. We'll see how it goes.

The party has now become extremely powerful, and as level 50 approaches, continues to grow in power.

Looking forward to trying out the mods and updated beta version. It will be a pleasure to replay the game and try out the mods with a full party. The Ranger and Paladin and Bard have gotten awfully rusty, sitting at the bar all this time. :)
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

um. don't give the item to the necromancer. :twisted: :roll:
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

what do you mean d?
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

oops. I thought you were refering to a different part in the game. Been so long since I've played it through. Well you'll find out soon enough.
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

thx! (I think :) ) I'm giving my party a 1/2 week off at the Rennibister spa, before sending them in to the Mage Tower. I figure they'll need it. :lol:
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

oh, no...

if thee doth tarry,
dark things will grow hairy!

:twisted: :roll: :twisted: :roll: :twisted:
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

Well, I finally reached the END OF THE GAME, on the 15th of some month I can't pronounce, not too long after entering the mage tower. The much anticipated anti-climactic ending was...much more anti-climactic than anticipated. Without any spoilers here, suffice it to say the last level was basically a walk through. I will have more to add in a suitable spoiler thread.

Thank you very much to the developers for an excellent and highly addictive game! Looking forward to some puzzles or real riddles next time (aside from the 'hair' riddle which wasn't worded properly and messed everyone up for no good reason).

Even with only 3 characters, and many trips to the Arena, and almost all random maze battles fought, I couldn't get the 2 mages above level 48 by the end of the game (in v.2.0), so I couldn't try out the Warlock at all. The psi-knight got up to level 50, reaching the highest rank, which was great. You really don't need anything other than Mind Vortex to basically walk through the entire game, so that was a bit disappointing (no point in any of the Warlock or Isomancer or high level Summoner spells).

After the ending, I headed to the lair and to the arena for some extra fights, and after a couple long trips, I got the mages up to the 14M XP needed to advance to Warlock and Isomancer in v2.0, but there is not much to fight at this point, and the Mind Vortex still far surpasses the level 1 and 2 Warlock/Isomancer spells.

Anyway, looking forward to the megamods and the update beta version, and O's current work, with either a full party or a single mage or a single rogue (see 'Growler's Challenge' thread for more on that development in the future).
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Congrats, Jy!

Welcome to the Wiener..Winner's Circle!! :P

Interesting assessment.. like to hear any other thoughts you're up for divulging. Was kinda annoying not to have a better final battle (or even a more challenging entire last dungeon), but guess part of the idea was for the 'end' to be a sort of transition to the sequel.. still..

Wish the magic system had been re-worked so (for ex) the lower Warlock spells were stronger.. it's like your mages keep having to start from scratch.

Again, Congrats!!
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I personally wish we could re-worh the entire magic system, but that is not possible.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.