Interesting DW Article

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

chaney
Stalker

Interesting DW Article

Post by chaney »

http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/lin ... hisky.html
This link has an interesting interview from early on with some of the developers.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Good find, Chaney! :D

and to quote the article...
"While the game is closed source for the time being, its developers hope that Devil Whiskey will inspire fans to create new adventures for it. Part of the design included making the game easy to modify. The configuration data for maps, monsters, items, and every other element are plain text files, which modders can alter by using a simple text editor. Almost any image editor can produce new graphics.

I'd like to see more user-created modifications. The modding effort is starting to ramp up, but most of it involves people changing things for themselves in-game, or creating a couple of levels to play for themselves and friends," says Martin. "I'd like to see some homebrew dungeons."

Sometime I do need to get off my lazy arse and get my mod done. I haven't forgotten about it. It's still in the back of my mind. Its just getting back at it that's the problem. No definite time table on when it will get finished. Just that I do plan on finishing it at some point. At least I got one mod out of the way.