After a long absence, an update ....

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

decklin
Site Admin

Post by decklin »

Thank you ... I noticed something else, the 'team' page is awol and I can't even find it in my old backups. Could anyone who knows of current email addresses for previous developers email them to me? decklin @ pacbell.net would be good.
Decklin (The Twisted Dwarf)
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Decklin,

You can get the team page archive here

In regards to the DW yahoo group...We originally set it up as a place to discuss the DW in the event that the site and forums went offline (which happened seemingly annually during the december, january, february months). It is not very active, however some of the original developers have posted there and there may also be some files of possible interest. It probably doesn't warrant a place on the main page, but that's up to you.
decklin
Site Admin

Post by decklin »

Thank you for the link! There's a few more links that probably wouldn't hurt to add, I've also made DW more prominent on the decklinsdemise.com front page.
decklin
Site Admin

Post by decklin »

Another year goes by :roll:

Moving the site and forums back to a Linux host over the next couple of weeks, will be setting up a Rennibister Hall for all players to access mod tools and anything else that they should have access to.

Will post when any transfer is due to take place.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

That would definitely be welcome.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
decklin
Site Admin

Post by decklin »

Starting the transfer today. Will be backing up the entire site - then doing a backup of the forums. There may be interruptions to either or both but I will try to make the swap as seamless as possible.

Once completed, there will be a register link for access to Rennibister Hall probably at http://rennibister.devilwhiskey.com but I will post here when that is active.

Is there anyone of you stalwart long-time folks that would like to be active in maintaining the Rennibister Hall files and archives once they are in place again?
decklin
Site Admin

Post by decklin »

Both the site and forums are transferred - but haven't completed checking etc - any issues noted, please email support @ decklinsdemise.com - thank you!
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

The Rennibister link doesn't work.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
decklin
Site Admin

Post by decklin »

I will post when the link is active, it may be a few days.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

decklin wrote:Starting the transfer today. Will be backing up the entire site - then doing a backup of the forums. There may be interruptions to either or both but I will try to make the swap as seamless as possible.

Once completed, there will be a register link for access to Rennibister Hall probably at http://rennibister.devilwhiskey.com but I will post here when that is active.

Is there anyone of you stalwart long-time folks that would like to be active in maintaining the Rennibister Hall files and archives once they are in place again?
With Rennibister Hall returning, can we be expecting any official updates? + if not, would we be able to access the hall by using our current DW forums username/password? or if not what would be the purpose of a separate registration?

Or is the hall where you plan on sticking the full game files for people that purchase the downloadable version?
decklin
Site Admin

Post by decklin »

Forgive me if I haven't quite thought this all through but the original Rennibister Hall provided access to mod tools, patchs and full release file downloads iirc.

It was (as far as I can tell) actually separately registered from the forums as only people who purchased the game could access it whereas the forums are open to everyone.

I still have archived backups of the original shiftings suns / devil whiskey sites ... but I'm not confident I can reconstruct a valid database. I will think about this some more :-)

Thanks for the email about the forum bug you spotted by the way.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Yeah, from looking back at older posts re: rennibister hall it seems besides all the patches and mods, the full versions of the game were there so folks that have already bought the game could re-download the game.

I assume you may get a bunch of folks that bought recently with all these dw bundles that were sold recently wanting access. :shock:

Have you thought about open sourcing the Devil Whiskey, and perhaps creating a wiki and download/upload section similar to Braindead's Mordor site? That site is really well done with its wiki, upload/download section, forums, lots of mods + files created by users there with a live + active community with 49,198 posts now.

Advertising the open source release could be done on all the major RPG forum channels to bring in a whole lot of new folks.

Meanwhile, you could advertise and sell the boxed version, manuals, merchandise, and add a donate button to the forums/site.

:?:
decklin
Site Admin

Post by decklin »

As an FYI there's probably only 30 boxed sets left. I did reprint a hundred or so manuals. The GamersGate contract lasts till spring 2014 so the only thing that could be done this year is to lower the price.

Braindead site uses Mordor and Demise art and etc with permission, I own the IP for Mordor and Demise and only the demo version is supposed to be available for download.

I owe JB a response, we've been talking on and off.

At the very least with Rennibister Hall I want to make all the 'official' extras that I was provided available ... I realise you all have them 'unofficially' but there would be the opportunity to provide some links to your mod sites with some text by means of an introduction to newcomers who purchase from GG or e-Junkie or direct from Decklin's Domain.
decklin
Site Admin

Update ...

Post by decklin »

Continuing to work on a means to provide the additional files e.g. tools, alternate build, linux files etc. and for the moment have decided to use the same system we use for Demise ... with a link added to http://www.decklinsdemise.com/news.php for "My DW" for access to a download page. Once its fully working I'll add links to the DW home page and here. Over the next couple of days that page will continue to be edited and I will start sending emails with access information to customers over the next few weeks.

For those of you on the forums that are not direct Decklin's Domain customers could you email me privately with your name and an up-to-date contact email so I can send you your access information?

As the file links go up, if there's additional information that you feel would be helpful to everyone please also email me so I can add explanatory text etc etc ... thank you!
decklin
Site Admin

Post by decklin »

Me again ... we have the page set up and it operates the same way as we've used for Demise for the past 6 years or so, customers get a unique pin or key, then with entering their email address and name they get access to a private page with links to full version d/l or patches or etc.

I'm gradually getting emails out to Decklin's Domain customers who have bought either the boxed set or the d/l Devil Whiskey so they can access the page but I can't contact GamersGate folks - so they and the veterans on this site will need to email me from a current valid email address so I can set everyone up with access.

So far I have added links to:

The pdf of the DW manual,
The full version 2.0 download,
The Linux file set,
Two versions of the tool set,
& the demo versions and am working on the music files.

http://www.decklinsdemise.com/news.php

Look for the link to "MyDW" in the table on the left of this page.

Email support @ decklinsdemise . com if you have questions, comments or would like to offer text or files for inclusion.