levelling

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

Jameson
Townie

levelling

Post by Jameson »

I am new to Devil Whiskey but I played and play Bard's Tale I-III and it's inofficial followup Dragon Wars for days and weeks still today as I have on 64 when they came out then :D

Is it true what it says here http://www.just-rpg.com/default.asp?pid=1246, that the spell advancement is so much harder than on bt? That you need millions and trillions of Experience points to get to Lvl 12? Seems lika a hard time leveling :shock:

i think i'll purchase the game anyways but would be grateful if you could tell me your experiences about levelling
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

There are 2 different patches(and 1 unofficial) that were done after the original that addressed that. If you use the 2.01B, it is much easier to level up. The game is well worth the coin, and there are some very fun user mods that have been created. Have fun!
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
Jameson
Townie

Post by Jameson »

chaney wrote:There are 2 different patches(and 1 unofficial) that were done after the original that addressed that. If you use the 2.01B, it is much easier to level up. The game is well worth the coin, and there are some very fun user mods that have been created. Have fun!
Thank you very much
Can mods be played in demo ?
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I don't know-they weren't made until after I bought the game. I doubt is, because of the level cap in the demo. Here is a site that has the mods available for free. It also has all kinds of good info about DW, as well as many of the older games.
http://www.icestorm9999.com/1.html
Jameson
Townie

Post by Jameson »

Thank you :)
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

I'm not sure about the other mods in the Devil Whiskey Megamod, but the Basement could be played on the demo, though as Chaney said, the demo is limited in the amount of levels that you can train to, and playing the mod on the demo would kind of be like sending lambs into the lions den.

& I also agree that the Devil Whiskey is worth the coin.

& Welcome to the DW forums Jameson! :D

Hey Chaney, you finally got an Avatar eh?
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I am so old skool, that i had a hard time with these fancy(so to speak) icons. :lol:
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Welcome, Jameson!

(fresh blood fur old souls, heh-heh..argghhh..cough-cough)

What a fine, super-huge...uh..Avatar yer sportin' there. 8)

Ye could win any race--if only by a....nose. :wink:
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor