Devil Whiskey Screensaver for Windows

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

dragonbait
Stalker

Devil Whiskey Screensaver for Windows

Post by dragonbait »

Greetings fellow adventurers! If you use Windows as your OS, then perhaps you might want a Devil Whiskey screensaver! I used the DW Intro video and converted to the following file for your use...

http://weekendwastemonster.net/crpgs/dw ... nsaver.zip

See my next post below for more install details etc.

Happy {Belated} New Year! :D
Last edited by dragonbait on Mon May 03, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Cool idea and thanks for posting..
however, I seem to have some issue with getting it to work.
at when I try to preview it--which typically works with my default screensavers..

my folder options are tweaked, so maybe that's why I've got this file:
dw_screensaver.scr.xml (with extra extension info, perhaps?)

instead of simply:
dw_screensaver

anyway, when I put the 2 files in my system32 folder & go to display props, etc.. and try to Preview the dw screensaver, I get this message:

Contact the dev.. = Could not load file or assembly 'AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObjects, Ver=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublickKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
OK (as only option)

my screen rez may be the issue since it's 1920x1080. :?

Happy Holidays!
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Code: Select all

re-edit
OK. I got a distributable screensaver to successfully work. I tested it on 2 different computers. This time I used a program called "Instantstorm" (the 2.0 release candidate). Neat little program. & IT WORKS! Woohoo! I even created an ico image of the compass, and Yeodaugh will help you through the installation process. Actually it is very easy now. Just download the .zip, extract the dw_scr file and doubleclick. That old green fellow will appear and ya just click the install / continue etc. and voila it is now your screensaver. As usual if you are on XP, right click the desktop, click properties, click screensaver to change screensavers or to change the time it takes for the screensaver to appear. I tested it with screen resolution 1280x1024 and it fills up the screen without any white areas on top or below. Not sure exactly how large it will expand. It is slightly pixilated due to conversion to flash format but still looks decent. & complete with sound also.
http://weekendwastemonster.net/crpgs/dw ... nsaver.zip

Also according to "Instantstorm"
All 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows are fully supported, including Windows 95 and Windows Vista.

If you wish to uninstall at a later point, the uninstaller is located in a folder called "Devil Whiskey Uninstaller" at the path C:\WINDOWS\
You double click the file unins000 (the file with the DW compass image).

@ Growler -you can delete the two previous screensaver files from your C:\Windows\System32 folder as they are no longer needed (in case you hadn't already).

8)
Last edited by dragonbait on Mon May 03, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Install tested successfully on Windows Vista & XP
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

what about windows 7
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Instantstorm doesn't mention Windows 7 on their main page, however on their support forums I found
Here are some major improvements over 1.5.3 that are definitely worth checking out:
• A completely revamped screensaver core with highly improved overall speed and stability + better Vista and Windows 7 support
I used the new 2.0 release candidate when I put together the screensaver so I assume they have had some success with it on Windows 7. I do not have a Windows 7 machine to test it out though. If you do, feel free to give it a go.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Hey, that's very sweet! :P
Surprised--but it does indeed work on my XP sys running 1920x1080, and with no white borders..and sound is excellent ta booty!
Very cool. Thanks for putting it together and sharing.

Nice touches with the Yeodaugh-meister installer ;)

Next time the Dragonbaiter is inn towne, we get him a couple rounds of the Devil's Whiskey! :wink:
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
slackmg
Townie

Windows 7

Post by slackmg »

I installed it in my laptop running Windows 7, it worked fine.