Looking to buy

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

chaney wrote:I run it on Windows 7 with no issues-it was made b4 windows 7.
Made b4 Vista too.

Crafting was fun & useful, but I would suggest that after you purchase all the materials for your crafted item, save your game before you attempt to craft it, because sometimes you fail at the attempt. Then you'd need to go back to the stores and buy back all the items. 1 at a time. :roll:

But you can make some good items through crafting. Make an Amulet of All Knowing for your mages. And some Perfect Long Swords for your fighters.
mackeruk
Townie

Post by mackeruk »

noob question about crafting etc but i was buying alot of arrows and i thought i would make some so i bought the ingredients but when i hit B and then picked a char it told me that i didnt have the skill ? So i thought there might be a trainer in town or recipes to obtain ?

So are you guys saying that if i just have the correct items in my inv that i can just build it ?

Cheers

PS going back to RTM :)

Update aha i found it hehe ok i got u now TY i should have read the manual slower but i dont see how to make a amult of all knowing ?
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

You will want to check out Growler's DW Files. In particular the recipes file. It has many goodies there.
http://www.weekendwastemonster.net/crpg ... owler.html

Happy crafting. 8)
Last edited by dragonbait on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mackeruk
Townie

Post by mackeruk »

dragonbait when you mentioned kicking the doors in town like bards tale what did u mean ? all the doors i go nothing happens apart from the shops taverns etc

Cheers
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

[[SPOILER ALERT WARNING]]]

After seaching around town for a while, the Rennibister guards start to take notice and confront you. Something along the lines of "I know you've been snooping around." The Ren guards attack you on a regular basis from that point on. I'm not sure exactly what prompts it. I assume just wandering throughout the town and entering peoples homes. Have the guards attacked you yet? One sure way to get the plot of the game a-moving is to find the fellow that lives in a home near the Green Bard. IIRC, his name is Naris. Have you received any notes dropped to you?
If so be sure to read them.

Also feel free to start new threads. Might get more responses from people if your questions aren't all in the "looking to buy" thread.
:wink:
KSS
Black Claw

Post by KSS »

Hi guys. Sorry I've been away for a while.

When you start in Rennibister, you have 2 things to do:

-The Hero's Cloak mini-quest: you meet some guy (Aldorik I think) in the tavern near the city gates, then meet him in his house south-east of town.
I think that's the one you're doing.

-The main quest: first you meet Leughmaghen outside the guild; he directs you to a shop where you're supposed to get a message; the correct shop is the armory in the s-e corner of the central compound; if you've been there you should have the note from old man Naris; read it to know what to do next.

In the event you've lost the note, Naris lives in the western part of the city, south of the Green Bard. Depending of how you deal with him and what he asks of you, you'll start getting attacked by guards or townspeople...

I'll let you discover what comes after.

Hope this clarifies it for you (and as far as I know, breaking in random houses has nothing to do with advancing the plot; it's event-driven; btw I'm still in the sloooow process of cleaning the scripts and fixing them when needed)

Ta,

KSS
Drinks, for it bes mine sap.
Eats, for it bes mine fruitsie.
Don't havers toucherings, for it bes mine asses.

Gospel of the Woodsie Lord
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Just a little clarification. When you are done with those 2 quests, there are more in Rennibister, those are just the 2 starting quests.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!