OpenGL errors, tried everything I can think of

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

Ferentix
Townie

OpenGL errors, tried everything I can think of

Post by Ferentix »

I got DW in the indiefort bundle, but I can't get it working. I'm on Windows 7 so I assumed I might have some problems but I haven't been able to actually get past them.

If I run it, I get the menu screen alright, but if I hit P, I get the error "could not open OpenGL device" (or something to that effect, it doesn't stick around long) in the console window. I've set compatibility mode to both XP SP2 and SP3 in turn to no effect, and also tried running as admin and disabling compositing. Looking on these forums I found a suggestion to use D-Fend's windows-app option, but again no improvement.

My drivers are pretty much up to date and I'm able to run more recent games which use OpenGL without issue (e.g. Amnesia: The Dark Descent)

Today I had another crack and decided to see if there were any OpenGL->direct3d wrappers around. Found and tried Titanium GL, which messed up the menu screen (a hopeful sign that at least it does something) and doesn't fix the problem at all. Not sure where else to look.

I'm wondering if there's anything else I might try to get it working- any ideas?

EDIT:
oh yeah, specs-
CPU: Intel i5 M430
GPU: ATI mobility radeon 5650 (I think)
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I play it on W7 with no issues. My first suggestion would be to uninstall it, then re-install it. If you haven't added the Megamod, I would highly suggest you do. In addition to adding many hours of fun to the game, it also incorporated some fixes.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
Ferentix
Townie

Post by Ferentix »

Slightly embarrassing, but re-installation worked.

Thanks!
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Fantastic. Please let us know how you are progressing.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!