Spiritual Classes won't level according to the XP-Table

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

Scrooge
Townie

Spiritual Classes won't level according to the XP-Table

Post by Scrooge »

Hi there.

I bought the game in the Gamersgate bundle a few weeks ago and having a bit free time now I wanted to play it (I love this kind of games - too bad they don't make them anymore).

I installed the megamod including the unofficial patch 2.01b and just got all my characters to level 3 - but there's the problem. While warrior, rogue and spellcasters seem to level according to this table

http://forums.devilwhiskey.com/viewtopi ... =5777#5777

my spiritual characters (monk, ranger and psi) need far more XP than this table says - to be specific they needed 5000 for level 3 instead of the 3600 it says in the table.

Is this a known problem? Should I reinstall everything? Or can I just play along? I heard that the vanilla level progression is too slow and won't let you get the best out of your characters.

Well, I hope you can help me.

Thanks,

Scrooge

/e:

Ok, I downloaded the patch again from the linked thread above and now it seems to work.

But while patching I noticed that some of the patch files where older than those that it overwrote - is this a problem? Or does the megamod still work with the patch from the above thread? I always thought the patch included with the megamod would be the same.

/e2:

Ok. The patch from the above thread obviously WON'T work with the megamod, since now the new character pictures are gone. This is starting to get tiresome - is there a tutorial for installing everything for new players available?

What do I have to install first? The megamod? The patch? And what patch? The one from the link above, or the one included in the megamod?
Scrooge
Townie

Post by Scrooge »

This has to be a joke.

I completely deleted Devil Whiskey, reinstalled it, put the megamod on it (and only the megamod, since it should include the patch) and to be on the safe side I didn't take a single spiritual character into my party.

Everything went fine until I hit level 6 or so. Suddenly leveling happens way too fast, my mages are level 10 already - at about 35k XP. So either every xp-chart on the web is wrong or the game just wants to make fun of me.

This is really sad since beside these bugs the game is great fun.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Not sure, but unless the XP tables you're using have gotten corrupted, then maybe you're at a point where you're successfully defeating monsters with significantly better xp rewards, thus leveling more quickly for a few levels?

Also, when you get to the point where you can last longer (fighting more battles) before heading 'home' (for healing, level-ups, etc), then you'll more likely level up a couple times or so when you *do* head home..

How's it going at this point?
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Scrooge
Townie

Post by Scrooge »

Well I just fought Dorukan to get the evidence that I am innocent, and it was a piece of cake. I didn't even come close to dying.

Then I went into the dungeon beneath the city to do the sidequest where I have to find the cloak, it's a bit harder by now.

My Spellcasters, Thief and Bard are Level 12 at 50k XP. Warriors are Level 9.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Cool.. keep us posted when ye can!
Fun to hear how others are playing through..

What's your favorite char-type so far?

Takes a while to get any/good spells, but having a Paladin was nice. The extra healing allowed the primary casters to focus on attack spells.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor