Crash/Stuck Configuration Settings

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

Sseatris

Crash/Stuck Configuration Settings

Post by Sseatris »

Hey guys, I'm a relative newbie to Devil Whiskey, and my first couple of weeks have been rife with problems.
The base game crashed constantly prior to megamod + patch 2.01b, and afterwards continued whenever I recieved items from quest npcs (letter at Imp. Swords, item pack forced on me by .. that guy).

I managed to fix it by running as administrator, xp compatibility mode, windowed, and single CPU.

So.. problem fixed, but all my save data wiped. No biggie since I couldn't get past the beginning.
When I started a new game though, I lost mouse support, and the game stuck back into fullscreen, and now crashes if I ever alt+tab.

I'm thinking it must be some weird problem related to the config files. The simply don't change when I try to edit them.
Does anyone know where this is located so that I can delete the cache and make changes again?

Or is the problem something I did/changed to fix the other problems? Aargh!

I would really appreciate any help! Mouse play is not essential, but it certainly helps. And now I'm also worried I'll be losing save files/settings in the future.

**EDIT**

Thought I would note, all my save games randomly deleted again (seemingly after I double checked that it was set to one CPU). Halp!

Also just saw that there is a technical help thread for the full game.. I don't think that showed up before I was registered =(

I'm not sure how to move the thread, but please feel free is any moderators still exist.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Hey Sseatris,
Sorry to hear you're having so many issues..
If you answer these questions, it may help someone help you :)

What Operating System are you running? (incl Service Pack, if any)

What's your basic hardware? (motherbd, cpu, ram & esp graphics card?)

I strongly rec'd backing up your SaveGame file after each time playing.. & if you name it differently (just numbering or such), then you can always go back to some earlier point in the game if you need or want to..

Don't know, but since you seemed to solve the initial crashing issues (by running as admin, xp compat, window'd, single-CPU), then maybe try uninstalling the game & then re-installing with those adjustments--and see if that resolves your other issues?

Good luck!
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor