New player here! And ofcourse, questions!

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

Oxira
Townie

New player here! And ofcourse, questions!

Post by Oxira »

Hello!

I've looked in every nook and corner of this place to find answers, alas they were not found.

First off - Spells and their range

While in battle, I sometime forget what a spell does or how far it can reach. So, checking up lets say "lightning strike". Manual says 30', when I look up while I'm battling my foes the game states 10'.... But when restarting game and checking up the spell in-game again it says 30'.... What is this sorcery that scrambles my spellbook? (yeah, sure, I could print out the manual.. Was hoping there would be another fix within the program).

Second - Wandering Companions

It's sure nice when a wraith or an orc chieftain wish to join your party, but after a while my party grow tired of having smelly and unpleasent looking companions among them. Is there a way to get rid of them peacefully, or do my band of adventurers need to go dragonhunting and use my newfound "friends" as bait? EDIT: Figured this out.. "d"ismiss.

Third - Crafting

My spellcasters have succesfully crafted enchanted weapons.. But when it comes to armor nothing happends. My most talented arcanist have studied the big book of knowledge (aka, RTFM) and came to the conclusion that to make an enchanted robe she needs
1. Robe
2. Ruby
3. Craft
4. !?
But instead of the usual "You messed up, try again" I get "the ingredients produce nothing remotely usable".
I suspect my arcanist have skipped past an important section of the big book, or is some information missing?

I'm using the gamersgate version, I think it's 2.0

Once my questions have been given an answer I will allow this thread to be derailed by Growler and Origen (your bantering have been a pleasant read while searching for answers.. Can you join my party? The wraith is giving me the cold shoulders).

Thanks in advance for answers!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Welcome, Oxira! ..hmm.. Arixo? ..Iraox? ..Xirao? (interesting name, there)

Spell range issue..hmm, don't recall that issue. The manual's usually accurate..even if the game's occasionally flay-key.

Numero Duo = Dismiss'd!

Don't recall exactly, but seems the Elementalists may be better at crafting armors?? :?

Re game ver.. whenever possible, start new game with updated files.. v2.01b is latest, methinkeths?

Re 'derailment' by Origen.. whachagondo? Origen reigns Soo-preme when it comes to off-colour & whack off-topicals. Otherwise, she's an O-K girl. :o
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Oxira
Townie

Post by Oxira »

1. I suppose I have to print out the magic section. I blame modern games for teaching me to ignore manuals 8)

2. Yep, figured that one out.. They left that out in the manual.

3. Ill try the elementalist :) EDIT: It was indeed the elementalist who craft armours.. And it said so in the manual too - Back to school with me :oops:

About game version. I'll have a go with this 2.0 first and then install later patches. As I understand the latest patch offered faster level gains at cost of ranged attacks always hit?

The name I'm using is something that have evolved the past 20 years or so.. I'll give you a hint. It's part my real name, part zodiac and part of my lisp of early age. Good luck :)
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Hmmm. I have this crystal ball here and if I wave my hand over it, an image of Origen appears. Then Origen speaks and he says "RTFM!". :lol:

Or at least that's what Origen would say if he was here. 8)

Anyways, welcome to the forums! and happy adventuring! :P
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

RTFM. :D
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

All is well with the universe now.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!