Any Tips?

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

You can always dismiss them once they have joined. If you deny when they ask, they will fight you, but if you dismiss them once they have joined, they just leave.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
yarow12
Nomad

Post by yarow12 »

I just accepted a new companion (Senrat) and, for some reason, I can't banish him from the realm. How do I get rid of him?

Will there ever be a companion worth accepting into the party? 'Cause the Senrat only did 1 point of damage.

I'm considering filling in the 8th slot with a monk if I never find a worthy companion during my ventures. Any input?
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

You should be able to hit the D key, and it will ask you who to dismiss. Early on, I would keep them and put them in forward slots. They are good for absorbing damage.
yarow12
Nomad

Post by yarow12 »

Would it not be more beneficial to just have a Monk, Ranger, Elementalist, or Arcanist fill the extra slot?
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Honestly, yes
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Yep, much better (if you're trying to maximize survivability + kick'n'ace) to go ahead & fill all 8 slots.. in the long run, you'll find a 3rd or even 4th magic-user most helpful.

I'd suggest at least 1 Arc & at least 2 Ele's.
That way, can use lots of spells due to the extra spell points..plus, can help in case 1 or 2 spells fizzle during a big battle.

But the main thing is to set up a group that you enjoy playing.. whether 'optimal' or nada. ;)

The fun thing about leaving a slot open for monsters to join is that then you get to see some of their basic stats.. well, unless yer sneaking thru the monsters.txt file! :shock: :evil: 8)
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor