Need to Cheat (seriously)

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

yarow12
Nomad

Need to Cheat (seriously)

Post by yarow12 »

I decided to try the Defend Rennibister quest/mod again, but after being forced to fight the 7 Goblins and 6 Kobolds, I end up with three characters left alive and no means to resurrect the rest or even heal those remaining. Worst of all, I end up having to fight another group soon after when I get to the western wall.

Is there no cheat I can possibly use to finish this quest?

Brb (lvl1), Brb (lvl1), War (lvl1), RCl (lvl1), Pyr (lvl2), Arc (lvl2), Ran (lvl1), Brd (lvl2)

I don't even know where to go to lvl up the rest of my characters.
The content of this additional quest is geared primarily towards low level characters.
Joke, right? ^
Walker Boh
Orker

Post by Walker Boh »

I had that problem. I tried 3 different groups of characters from beginners ot level 4 to 6. All died miserably depressing deaths. On the last group I finally committed suicide just to get it over with. Same game, create more new characters. Ignore the DR quest. Once you have your arcanist at level 13 can cast a heal major spell (heal the entire party) then accept the DR quest. I finished it wih level 14 avg character, and it was playable then.
Mikey
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I don't know if you need to go level 13, but I would say level 5 definitely.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
Walker Boh
Orker

Post by Walker Boh »

5 definitely doesn't work. At least level 8, and expect a few deaths in the party at that level.
Mikey
yarow12
Nomad

Post by yarow12 »

What if I just "uninstalled" the mod, would that not be recomended?
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

That screams corrupt save game file
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
Walker Boh
Orker

Post by Walker Boh »

Less time spent altogether just to let the party in the DR quest die, create some more, and as you acquire gold resurrect them back one at a time, if you still want.

Don't accept the quest next time you cross it unless you have high enough level characters to accomplish it easily.
Mikey
yarow12
Nomad

Post by yarow12 »

^Yep, I've finally realized that quests are apparently canceled after dying.
This topic can be closed now.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

As someone else may have pointed out in another thread, it makes a Huge difference if you're playing this mod (Defend Ren..) pre- or post- patch (patch that resulted in monsters having 100% successful Ranged attacks--regardless of your chars level, AC, etc).

While a small crew of low levels (say, around levels 4~6) might survive this DR mod pre-patch, you'll prolly need a bigger crew &/or a higher-level'd crew (say, around levels 7~12) if playing the newer version (2.0b, maybe?).
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor