Is "The Maze" a mod?

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

Stax
Nomad

Post by Stax »

Level 31 and still no note!!!

Any suggestions ?
KSS
Black Claw

Post by KSS »

Stax wrote:Level 31 and still no note!!!

Any suggestions ?
Strange! You could try creating a script to check the status of the "kssCrypt" flag (or script-give your party the FLAGTEST item and use it).
The flag's value is supposed to be 0 if you've never seen the note, 21 if you've caught it.

While you're at it, check maps\renEvents.cfg ; there should be

# NEW EVENTS added with Crypt mod
#
-1 10 2000
1 1 0 kss2_parchment

at the end of the file (this is the random event related to the note)
Drinks, for it bes mine sap.
Eats, for it bes mine fruitsie.
Don't havers toucherings, for it bes mine asses.

Gospel of the Woodsie Lord
Stax
Nomad

Post by Stax »

This is what I have listed at the bottom of "renEvents.cfg

# NEW EVENTS added with Defend Rennibister mod
#
22 22 2000
21 22 90 rtdefendcaptain
#
# NEW EVENTS added with Devil Whiskey add-on mod
#
15 17 2000 1
16 17 270 DK_Entrance
#
# EVENTS modified by Druid's Challenge mod
#
13 26 2000
13 27 0 kss_Crystal1
14 26 2000
14 27 0 kss_Crystal2

Can I add your list to the bottom of this?

# NEW EVENTS added with Crypt mod
#
-1 10 2000
1 1 0 kss2_parchment
Stax
Nomad

Post by Stax »

I think I have found the problem.

I believe I am currently running DW-MegaMod+

AND NOT

DWMEGAMOD-v02a

Just blew away my dame completely and will reload from scratch and start again.

And on a side note playing with just one EL was way too hard. Took an age to kill things.

Stax
Stax
Nomad

Post by Stax »

Got it sorted, thanks for your help.

And a great little mod.

Stax
Stax
Nomad

Post by Stax »

Well my old party stills works, so I will keep on trucking with just one mage.
As I said, it is not easy as I do not use any offensive spells only defensive and a few others. And I am always in need of arrows. So 'ye shoppe' may come in more than handy.

And how do I know if I have the password, there is no input. Do I trigger something, and if so does it let me.

Stax
KSS
Black Claw

Post by KSS »

Hello.

Yup, I was beginning to think maybe you had the wrong version of the Megamod. Therefore I stand vindicated.

As for the password, you can't guess it; it will work only when you have found it in the game... And Garzz won't tell it to you :)

dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Stax wrote:...
Dragonbait. When I read your reply, I had, not ten minutes before that been battling 25 bloody dragons. Took 25-30 minutes, mind you I do have a very odd party.
Having played a few times before, I now have one "EL" no other magic user, and my EL can ONLY cast defensive spells, heal, shield, push and a few others (my choice) so my tanks have to do all the work. AND HOW MAY HIT POINTS DO THISE BLOODY UBU's HAVE??????
It does make the game somewhat more challenging though. And with the difficulty level at to "impossible" things can go wrong quickly, like 55 Nomads (60' feet away). I am in desperate need of the "draw foes" but that is a long, long way off from where my spell caster is. About level 26 or so.

This really is one of those games that you can sit back and hack.
Great work on the "basement" and now the mods actually exceed the original game.

Stax
Who once fought off 65000 Lich, and 99000 Orc's Without using MIVO. And with a party of 2.
Yeah IIRC the dragons guarded the alternate exit that you can take from level 4 back up to the surface inside the adobe brick tower. I put the Ubu's in cause they're pretty tough, or was it tough and pretty. Either way. Just out of curiosity, which ending did you opt for? Fight the beholder? or not fight the beholder?

Also I believe I have a couple of your screenshots on the following devil whiskey page.
http://www.weekendwastemonster.net/crpg ... owler.html

Here they are.

8)
Stax
Nomad

Post by Stax »

I sided with the beholder, and killed off the Spirit that spoke to you when entering the Basement.

And those screen shots are from a few years ago, I progressed from there and in one game (Guard Tower level 5, I think) I have ever monster set to 400-100000, and just changed the opening range to 60', 70' 80' or 90' away. I never used the Super Spell (you know which one).
One thing I did try was 500 Stone clerics, I was just not sure how many groups could be formed so was worried the game might crash when, for example group (P) was formed. It ended up very busy but the game did OK. Never seen so many Earth Elementals.

My current game, I'm now at level 40ish, is the toughest I have yet had.
I have the following party.
Paladin PLS and Thunder bolter
PSK PLS and Elf Bow
Monk PD and Short Bow of the Hunt
Ranger PLS and Thunder hammer
Warrior Thunder bolter and Thunder Hammer
Bard Thunder bolter and Charm Darts
Rogue PD and Elf Bow
Arcanist Heal, Shield, Push, GHWA and a few others

And for the first time I am really struggling with the "sprayers" of the Guards tower.
Need a BLLI spell, And always need more Bolts and Arrows. mind you now with ye shoppe working, I am hoping for an endless supply of those.

A great game, if you don't mind the format. I also play Skyrim, so quite a difference between the two styles.

I am almost ready for the Druid's Challenge and want the Black Bow.
So any ideas on the "password" PM me.
And I no longer change the monster numbers but do change the number of attacks that occur. normally only from 60 to 80, or 80 to 100.
Stax
Stax
Nomad

Post by Stax »

KSS, yes vindicated.
So I will no guess that it is somewhere in another mod. I'll work on that.

Stax

Thanks for your input.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Stax wrote:I sided with the beholder, and killed off the Spirit that spoke to you when entering the Basement.

And those screen shots are from a few years ago, I progressed from there and in one game (Guard Tower level 5, I think) I have ever monster set to 400-100000, and just changed the opening range to 60', 70' 80' or 90' away. I never used the Super Spell (you know which one).
One thing I did try was 500 Stone clerics, I was just not sure how many groups could be formed so was worried the game might crash when, for example group (P) was formed. It ended up very busy but the game did OK. Never seen so many Earth Elementals.

My current game, I'm now at level 40ish, is the toughest I have yet had.
I have the following party.
Paladin PLS and Thunder bolter
PSK PLS and Elf Bow
Monk PD and Short Bow of the Hunt
Ranger PLS and Thunder hammer
Warrior Thunder bolter and Thunder Hammer
Bard Thunder bolter and Charm Darts
Rogue PD and Elf Bow
Arcanist Heal, Shield, Push, GHWA and a few others
And I no longer change the monster numbers but do change the number of attacks that occur. normally only from 60 to 80, or 80 to 100.
Stax
Cool. Hey if you have any newer screenshots that you want to send my way I'd be happy to put together a page on the WeekendWasteMonster Devil Whiskey section, with all of your pictures or whatever else you wanna send my way.
KSS
Black Claw

Post by KSS »

Stax wrote:KSS, yes vindicated.
So I will no guess that it is somewhere in another mod. I'll work on that.

Stax

Thanks for your input.

To be more precise, and even it it sounds contradictory : only Garzz knows the password, and he'll never tell. So ask someONE else...

Stax
Nomad

Post by Stax »

KSS, I will PM you. I do have a question.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Stax,
1--yer insane -- and I mean that in the truly very BEAST way! :twisted:

2 -- what hardware & OS do you run the game on?

I played DW on a crappy Celeron with 512 megs & video chipset that would've kicked ace...back in 1986. At least it had Win XP, so that likely helped it run ok.

But there is no way it would've been playable to have those huge groups you tweak in.. it was slow enough already and would hang for a full minute or more with a couple animated pix..Ogre being one.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

2+ years later, you respond. lol. You must be bored.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!