Levelling system and longevity

General Discussion of the FULL GAME only.
No spoilers please.

Moderator: Admin

Commodo

Levelling system and longevity

Post by Commodo »

Hi everyone. I've played the demo of DW and found it brilliant. I've two questions:
1) I read the review of DW made by rpgdot. The review is very positive, but the reviewer criticizes the levelling system, especially for the magic users. What can you tell me about?
2) How many hours the game lasts?

Thank you

p.s. Ah, another question: is it possible to mark the map?
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Yo, Commodo-64--Welcome to the fantastical, feverish, frightening & even funny Forums!*

Don't know any way to mark the map from within the game...but you can hit 'Print-Screen' button to capture whatever on-screen map is showing, paste into an image editor, then annotate the maps..

Personally, I think Ariana's review is mostly on the mark...leveling sys does seem a bit outta whack in that as your mages change classes (up to 4 times) their experience 'tables/requirements' don't start over (which is partly understandable), so it's hard as h-e-doublell to ever reach the 2 highest mage classes! It's pretty dang hard to even reach the next-2-highest class...& you can readily finish the game way before reaching the higher mage levels. If the devs meant for DW to be a character builder wherein your crew (mages esp) will readily reach the highest levs in a future game, then ok; but as a stand-alone game, it sucks not to have any chance of reaching highest levs before you & your crew have several appendages in the grave..

I'll quibble with one thing Ariana said--claimed she completed the last dungeon/tower in 15 minutes 1st time! :shock: :roll:
If you're playing the game straight--I don't see how that's possible...if anyone disagrees, please explain how! (just be sure to describe it in the SPOILER section!)

Game lasts 36 hours.

*paid for by the 'Committee to Persecute New Bees' :wink:
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor