Issues biudling items.dat

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

BulkRate
Townie

Issues biudling items.dat

Post by BulkRate »

Was trying to modify the ThunderHammer to work the way its description states it should and have been running into the following issue:

Is it just me or is there no way to run the ilftool executable against a modified bl_items.txt file under windows 2000/XP? I can make the program talk back at me when a dependency is missing, but every time it runs and everything SEEMS to be in place I get an exception error, and no output .dat files.

Any suggestions?
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I never had any problems myself. Perhaps you should make sure that the TypeID is different for every item. If there is a conflict, it will probably cause the error. For any new items you add, you do not even have to include that line, and the system will automatically calculate it when you run the tool.

Also, in the toolkit I have, the file is called items_BL2D.txt
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

Leave the number field blank after the TypeID: for new items. The ilftool will put the number in when it modifies the file.
There should be a command-line option (-w) to generate an html output file so you can see errors.
1 point 21 jigawatts!
The Wombat
War Monger

Post by The Wombat »

I could tell you, but unfortunately my Renhall membership still hasn't been fixed. :(
"What kind of person WRITES a maniacal laugh?" -- Maskerade.