Monsters and how they work.

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

It has been a while, but I think the hit damage is based on Strength and some other values, although I forget which. You can not edit that one.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
dragonbait
Stalker

Re: Monsters and how they work.

Post by dragonbait »

Rickstavern wrote:It seems that no matter what I change, these beasts simply cannot hit my party when using their normal attacks. The default attack that most all monsters have (0x000e0001) just misses 99.9% of the time.

How can I make this work? Raising monster dex seems to do nothing but to insure that they will get in the initial attacks. Raising monster strength didn't do anything either.

If there was a way to add +tohit to this it might work, but with my party sitting at an easy -30AC all around (which can be easily done) they just seem immune to normal attacks.
So would a workaround be to leave out the default attack (0x000e0001) and just use a different attack?

For Inky it seems that I have 3 styles of attack....
0x000e0001
0x0009000c
0x001f0011

yet only the default 0x000e0001 seems to be working as Inky does nothing but normal attacks which are innefective against anyone with a -10 AC. Maybe by removing the default and using only alternate attack styles? I'll have to test it out later
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

That should work. You do not have to include the default, from what I remember. I may be wrong, though.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

origen wrote:It has been a while, but I think the hit damage is based on Strength and some other values, although I forget which. You can not edit that one.
..other values such as possibly..

luck?
meanness?
weapon (esp. any extra +damage) ?
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Here's a question if anyone knows here....

For Hit Point Variance (or other variances)

It says.........
# MaxHP HPVariance
# MaxHP is the maximum HP value allowed for this # creature
# HPVariance is the maximum amount by which MaxHP may be # reduced (random up to this value)
(example)
700 500

Does this mean that while the maximum hit points can be up to 700, Does the second number mean that the lowest Hit Points can be is 500? or that hit points can be subtracted by up to 500? with a lowest Hit Point of 200? I'm taking it to mean that the lowest HP can be 500, but if anyone knows for sure....?
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

From what I remember, that would mean that the minimum will be 200 in this scenario. The a random number from 0 to the variance number is subtracted from the maximum.

So, if you have 700 500, there will be a random value between 0 and 500, which will then be subtracted from 700 to get the creature's HP.

If you had 700 50, then the minimum will be 650.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

I see. Thanks.