Using Plot Scripts

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Using Plot Scripts

Post by origen »

I created a Wineskin, which can be used to get a drink while in a dungeon, refreshing Bard Points. Well, it is supposed to refresh the Bard Points, but the current game engine does not work for that command yet.

Anyway, I set the item up to use Plot 52, with 10 charges. I then set my script as 052_wineskin.py

If I just place the script in a location in town, it works fine. But, if I use the item, nothing happens.

Did I miss something?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

change the script name to item000052.py

When you use the item with plot number xx it will look for a script with the corresponding number based on the pattern above.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Cool idea, O-man! :P

That one wino addition compels me to try a Bard for a charge..I mean, a change.

But ye must be kicking yerself all over town about now.. :lol:..
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Wow, that was pretty careless on my part. Once I read your post, I remembered about the item scripts.

:oops:

Well, that should make the wineskins work now, as well as the Harmonic Gems. Although, it may be diffiuult to find a Harmonic Gem in a BT1 mod.

Difficult, but not impossible. :wink:
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

The wineskins may not be the best reason to try the bard...

But the Fire Horn is a pretty good reason.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Okay. By using the correct script name, I am able to use the wineskin. Of course, whenever you take a drink from it, it does not decrease the number of uses, despite being set up with only 10 uses.

These seem to be "Magic Wineskins", because no matter how much you drink, you never run out.

I thought about setting up flags, but that would only allow you to use any wineskin a certain number of times, since the flag would be in the script, and the item will use the same script for every instance of that item.

Any thoughts?
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Go with 'Magic' Wineskins?

btw, the Fire Horn sounds (rim-shot) cool (rim-shot duo) :P

Any other enticing tidbits?
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Ziusudra
Black Claw

Magic whine

Post by Ziusudra »

If you give us magic wineskins, I think (well, I pretend to think) that it might be good if they showed up after encountering some action. I dunno--maybe killing some really heavy-duty monster, but before goin' even deeper into deep doo-doo?

If they're too common, heck--that's one of the things that can weaken a game. It's like the Elder Scrolls games, where after a while everyone can have a first-class magical [fill in the blank], rather than what seems to be rare magical items being, well, rare.

But then what do I know? (No, don't answer.)
Nuwa wadar-ma ekkatani. Nuwa sinda-on ezzatani.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Well, if the wineskins do not work properly, then there won't be any wineskins at all. But, I will work on that issue at a later time.
ShadoKnight
Nomad

Post by ShadoKnight »

Thinking about it... there probably isn't a way to do charges in a scripted item as the engine stands (there's nothing directly applicable, and I can't off-hand figure a creative method that would work well). It shouldn't be hard, however, for the developers to add accessor methods to twiddle the 'charge' count that the item maintains (so you can first check if any charges remain, then if they do, do your thing and reduce the count).

SK