Bard Tale MOD Poll

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

Should the original Bard's Tale Monster pictures be in the BT mod?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:50 am

Yes
80%
No
20%
Who Cares
No votes

Total votes: 5

origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Bard Tale MOD Poll

Post by origen »

I have been tinkering with the idea of using the actual Bard's Tale monster pictures in the Bard's Tale mod, to give it a more authentic feel.

What's your opinion on this?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

That's a tough one. Like the idea of making it authentic, but also like the painterly quality of most of the DW pics..

Maybe it would be too visually jarring/disconcerting, but how 'bout tossing in just a few of the old BT pics...like for special occasions/events in the game?
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
draugr

Post by draugr »

I like the idea for using the original art. Perhaps there can be two or three release versions.

1. BT1 Mod with regular DW graphics

2. BT1 Mod with BT1 monster art only.

3. BT1 Mod with full graphics replaced. Not sure if this can be done, but perhaps use the wall, monster, item art from the original BT1.

I did some BT searching yesterday and thats what took me back to the DW site. I last checked out DW a long long time ago. I just finally bought the full version yesterday. :) I'm sure it is going to be worth it, especially with a BT1 mod. Anyway, while surfing the web, it seems to me like the Atari ST version of the BT1 had the best graphics, followed closely by the Amiga (Weird as Amiga generally had better graphics). Perhaps if there was a way to export the art from the BT1 on the Atari ST we could import it into DW. Just a thought.

John