BT Mod being tested, but some bad news as well

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

BT Mod being tested, but some bad news as well

Post by origen »

Well, I finished just about all I can do on this mod. I am beginning my own testing right now, which should uncover a few bugs and changes that I will be making.

The bad news, however, is that I can not release it until some of the tools have been fixed, as it does drastically affect play, and I am not happy about the mod without these fixes.

The main issues that are holding this up are:
1. I can not create any Thaumaturgist spells with the action editor. I am going to try to download the toolkit again, maybe it was updated without me knowing it, and the fix may already be done, but I do not think so.

EDIT: After checking out the website, I remembered that the Action Editor was not part of the toolkit, and there is no link to download it anymore. Hopefully, this will be fixed.

2. The RestoreBP scripting command does not restore BP. Since all of my taverns are scripted, this really means that there is no way other than magical items (BardSword) that you get later in the game to restore BP. This obviously is not good.

3. I couldn't get the isBard command to work. This is critical at 1 point, which really keeps part of the game from flowing properly.

4. Not having the ability to script monster encounters makes it impossible to create figurines, except for anything which there is currently a summoning spell. If this was functioning, I could have the figurine call an event, which will then add the appropriate monster, such as Mongo, Thor, or a Lich.

5. A convienence, although not necessary, would be making a new magic classes. I had to eliminate the Elementalist, so if you have 2 mages, they will both follow the same linear path. I didn;t use the elementalist because some of the spells can not be edited, so there would be limitations on some spells, such as Trip Trap. If I could create a class similar to Bards Tale, where you could choose from 2 classes initially, have an extra option for your second class (Sorcerer), and have another option for your 3rd class (Wizard), that would be more appealing. Then, you can become an Archmage (and maybe even a Chronomancer, although I do not think you can unlearn any spells to acomplish this.

6. Another nice feature would be the ability to create walls that can not be phased. There are some maps where certain areas should be inaccessable but by simply phasing a wall, you can walk anywhere. If this couls be a feature in the walls cfg file, that would be great!

I do believe that the devs are working on some of these issues, and hopefully an upcoming patch will help. I will have to see what options are fixed, and then go from there.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

No Ele's?? :? Aw, c'mon! :evil:

Now ya gone Too far!
That's (nearly) 1/2 of all the spells gone--vamoosed, vanished, disOpeered & otherwise out of mind.

I say we take O-man hostage (or his PC) until he agrees to bring back the Elemental forces o' unnatural nature!

(soon, he's gonna have us all playing with nobut a Ranger)

Otherwise, ok & good luck with tool-making/braking.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Some of the Elementalist's spells have been transferred to the Arcanist, so it is not as bad as it sounds. 8)
Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

I have waited 1 and 1/2 YEARS for a fixed action editor.

That is not a typo.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Just curious: do you guys know how hard it should be to fix the Action Editor?

I've no clue, but it doesn't sound like it'd be All that hard--esp since the specific issues have identified??
..but reckon anytime you fix 1 issue, you might inadvertantly create 2 more!?
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I am not sure exactly how to fix it. There was someone on the site who said it shouldn't be that hard, and I believe they had something to do with the game at one point, although not anymore. But, you can't even find the action editor anymore (to my knowledge), much less a fixed one.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I have been playing your bt1 mod. I have enjoyed it thoroughly so far. I have noticed that none of the figurines that I find work. Is this anything fixable? Thanks for taking the effort to create this. It is definitely combining yesterday and today. Chaney
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

This is probably not anything that will be fixed soon. What figurines are in the game? I can't even remember which ones are in the game, so it may be either the DW items, or some items I couldn't get to work myself. The current DW scripting abilities do not allow for any creatures to be summoned unless there is an existing DW spell.

Hopefully this will be fixed at some point.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

The figurines that I remember so far are the warrior wolf, the salamander, and the wind giant. Some of them can't even be equipped. The ones that can be equipped give the message that you don't have the necessary power to energize them or something along that line. I also noticed that everytime I try to examine the ogre statue, the game crashes. Thanx, C
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

That may be a DW issue. They had an Ogre picture that was causing some crashes. It was fixed in the latest beta patch, so make sure that you are running that.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

or, if ya need a quick Ogre fix...try:

Mind Ogre replacement pic (if your sys crashes every time an Ogre gets ready to pop up):
www.notheresistor.com/314.html
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I have not been able to do any figurines. The latest is the golem figurine. I haven't tried the ogre fix yet. I am on the third level of Harkyn's castle and the old man will not except skull tavern as the answer. I eventuall used ghost wall and went around him. So far so good. Thanx, C
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I just got transported from Harkyn's castle, but when I step into Kylearan's Tower, it is nothing but 4 walls. I had already saved before trying to walk into the tower. Chaney
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

All of these bugs don't sound right to me. I am going to have to take a look at the download this weekend and see what is happening. I know that it wasn't perfect, but I believe it was better than this.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Kylearan's Tower. Nothing but 4 walls?

Kylearan's Tower, aka...Origen's Revenge!!

:twisted: