Trees

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Trees

Post by origen »

One thing that bothered my about DW was that there really wasn't much tree variety.

So, I began looking online, and I was able to find a few tree textures of trees that already had the alpha created (which is much easier for me)

I am working on getting them game ready, and then I may post a zip file for anyone who is interested.

By this time, I already forgot where I downloaded them, as I have been on about 35 websites looking for these, but the artists did a good job, and when I find out who they are, I will give them credit. :oops:
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

Yeah, I made a forest-type map and it was really bland with just two different trees. I ended up making a few more, which was not easy. The good thing was that I learned to use several of the tools in photoshop to great effect. The end result actually looks... decent.

However, making trees took a lot longer than any other texture I worked on.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I tried making my own, but they really sucked. I began looking for some tree textures, when I came across some that already had the alpha, which made the whole job so much easier. I wouldn't say they are perfect, since all of them were being given away as free samples, but they work. I wasn't about to spend a few hundred dollars for all of the tree textures I would ever need in my life. :D
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.