Modding Again?

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

mbdil
Townie

The mod

Post by mbdil »

Rickstavern, welcome to the team! Btw, I played through Defend Rennibister last night and really enjoyed it. I only wish it was longer and/or that there was a way to finish exploring the troubled town after I won the last battle. Nice work.

There was someone else that had a reputation for making "ironman" mods - really testing the characters' mettle - who was that? Is he still around?

I'm also inferring from your comments that support is basically gone? Without their help on making new items, we can't add new ones to the game? Perhaps we can treat some of the crafted items as our "new" ones.... I know in my case, I don't know what most of them do, so I haven't bothered to try to craft most of them. (other than the amulet of quickness, perfect long swords, and some of them belts of strength.) Perhaps if we put a couple of choice ones out there as our special items, it'll seem like new items to some of the players.

I'm going to go ahead and start drawing out some potential maps. Are we ready to divide and conquer this thing, or is there more to deliberate first? I may take a crack at creating some monster pics. I don't anticipate creating anything remotely usable, but you never know.
Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish - Proverbs 31:6.
(Still looking for the whiskey verses.)
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Well, I think I have been able to break the developers code, and may be able to extract a current item list. This will allow for us to create new items without having to sacrifice the existing game. :D

Okay, to tell the truth, I was looking in my data folder (after the beta patch was installed), and I noticed there was an items.txt file in there. So, I opened it up, and there were all of the new items. :oops:

Since I was expecting not to see it until an updated toolkit (which may never happen), I never actually looked for this file.

I haven't seen a monsters file, yet, but we can always hope.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

If you have installed 2.01, look under the DevilWhiskey folder and there is a renMonsters.txt document that list their attributes. If you can't find it. let me know and I can email it to you.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I haven't even looked yet, but if it is there, than we should be able to work with that as well.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.